[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking at the logs (please attach full logs next time...) the problem is happening at the TV Server end (there are continuity errors in TsWriter.log) but only sometimes - about 6-7 times in 32 timeshift starts.

At the end of the logs you have a large block of errors - when that happens again, can you try pausing TV for 1-2 seconds - does it fix the problem, or do the errors continue ?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    do you mean, on your MP Client you have few stuttering/freeze suring watching TV ?

Yes. It occurs after I have continuity error. I see the fps is 30-40 using "shift + 4".

when that happens again, can you try pausing TV for 1-2 seconds - does it fix the problem, or do the errors continue ?

I will test it.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To install, make sure you stop the TV service first (use TV configuration 'Manual Control' section), then install 'Setup-MediaPortal' first, then install 'Setup-TvEngine'

This only applies for single seat installations, right? For either server or client installations I only have to install the appropriate file, correct?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes. It occurs after I have continuity error.
    This is expected.

I'm wondering if the new async file writing is in some way tied in to this, or if it's a genuine signal or I/O load issue. I wouldn't have thought a RAM drive could easily have a problem with I/O load. TVE loads are not very strenuous.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, but why remains stutters after the signal is ok?
    Continuity errors means that there is stream corruption.
    Stream corruption can cause trouble for codecs. Their ability to decode the stream properly/smoothly can be compromised.

This was not a problem before this update.
    Results of stream corruption are a bit "random". Depending on the data that is lost/damaged, the codecs may:
    • be able to continue decoding with only a small glitch
    • be able to continue decoding with errors (eg. deinterlacing fails and/or frames are dropped until the codec is reset)
    • be unable to continue decoding (=> video freeze or audio stops)
    So what I'm saying is that you may have been lucky previously.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To install, make sure you stop the TV service first (use TV configuration 'Manual Control' section), then install 'Setup-MediaPortal' first, then install 'Setup-TvEngine'

This only applies for single seat installations, right? For either server or client installations I only have to install the appropriate file, correct?

Correct - the installation order is only important for single-seat installs.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yesterday I made a 1.5 hours test but I get zero error so I couldn't test pause/resume on client side.

[2016-10-13 20:01:25,177] [5b632d8] [10fc] - CDiskRecorder::Flush() - Throttle to 32336 bytes (max)
    [2016-10-13 21:35:04,115] [5b632d8] [100c] - Recorder: TIMESHIFT Stop 'T:\\live8-0.ts.tsbuffer'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom