[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes. It occurs after I have continuity error.
    This is expected.

I'm wondering if the new async file writing is in some way tied in to this, or if it's a genuine signal or I/O load issue. I wouldn't have thought a RAM drive could easily have a problem with I/O load. TVE loads are not very strenuous.

Only thing I can think of trying is lowering the thread priority of the 'file writing' thread, just in case there is an occasional 'heavy load' situation where some other part of TsWriter processing doesn't get the CPU time it needs (but the chances of this happening seem very low to me).

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tested the changes on my main client with watching tv for at least 2,5hrs.
    No problems at all, very smooth playback on all of my clients!
    Good work!
    Only litlle drawback I've noticed are small glitches when switching channels.
    But that's only for ond second...

Again, thx for the great work!

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can totally confirm this. Playback is really smooth. Since a long time i had 'hickups' when audiostream was switching from 5.1 to 2.0 and back. And now its gone!
    Channel changing takes a little bit longer, but that is not a big deal for me.
    Great work, thank you very much.
    I hope it will be included in the next release.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I love, MM. He is awesome at pointing out when I am being an idiot!!! :) lol thx man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom