TV3 Blaster Plugin: Failed to start local comms. IR functions temporarily disabled (1 Viewer)

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi,

I am using MP 1.0 with IRSS 1.0.4.1. I have reinstalled everything from scatch (Vista, MP and IRSS).

STEPS:
    Include TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server in TV Server Configuration | Plugins
    Click on TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server.

Now I get the message "Failed to start local comms. IR functions temporarily disabled."

If I just ignore the error and click OK. I get further errors.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I get the above error when I try to test a macro in TV3 Blaster Plugin. The attached zip file MediaPortalLogs_01_02_09_1.zip is the logs for it.

After the above problem, I copied over the three (dll, pdb and xml) TV3BlasterPlugin files to the IR Sever Plugins folder. I had both Input Service and TV Services stopped before copying those files. Now If I start the IRSS configuration I get the error "No Input Service Plugins Found!" error. If I click OK, then I do see any remote models in the IRSS window.

The attached zip file MediaPortalLogs_01_02_09_2.zip is the logs for it.

Can somebody please help me with this problem?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have been struggling with the blasting portion of the MCE remote for a month now with little progress.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Yes, I think I can help you.....but I make use of the latest release "1.4.2 Test Build 2391" :D

This happens because the "TVService" starts before the "InputService", which is usually the case when you install the IR-Server-plugin the first time. This is usually fixed by rebooting the PC, but in some cases this does not always work.... I have created two registry files that changes the service dependancies for both the "TVService" and the "InputService" which you can try....

!!!!Warning!!!! for XP-users......this was created on Vista so the registry settings might be different..

Please also make sure you have both the "TV-Server" and the "IR-Server-Plugin" installed before running these....

Remember to reboot......:D

Attachments

• IR-Server Services Fix.rar
      30.7 KB

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi.

I have restored a clean image of Vista and reinstalled IRSS 1.0.4.1. Even after applying the registry fixes, I still have the problem.

Any other suggestions or help?

Thanks,
    Srikanth

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    I'm using "1.4.2 Test Build 2391" on Vista....I had blasting problems with 1.0.4.1 on Vista.
    Also, after applying the the registry-fix, and rebooting....do you still get the message? Because it should not show again after the reboot..

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    I did not try the registry fix with 1.4.2 beta build 2391. I will try with it.

OK. I have tried with the 2391 build beta and I did not have to apply registry fix. I never had to. It always worked great from within the TV3 Blaster Plugin.

May be you could help me with my problem with the 2391 build!

Like I said it works great within the TV3 Plugin. I can create macros and fire them from within TV3 Blaster and also from Translator. The problem is that it does not change channels in the TV Server Configuration|TV Channels| Preview. When I select a channel on the preview, I get a window with TV but the IR Codes are not blasted.

I read somewhere in the documentation that one has to define the channel as an external channel to control the STB. I do not find such an option in the Channel Setup in TV server Configuration. Is it because I the documentation is old? Or is there some place where I have to define the channel as external? Currently the channel source is defined as CVS#1 (or something similar), basically composite source. I am using MP 1.0.

I know that I am very near to solving the problem but it is the proverbial last mile that I am not able to cross.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    is there some place where I have to define the channel as external?

No external definition in TVServer.
    See my screenshot of a channel with perfect blasting using the IRSS1.4.2 beta. The 202 is the part that is blasted to STB.

Attachments

• channel.JPG
      channel.JPG
      32.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom