MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am still struggling to understand what advantages TV Mosaic offers beyond the not particularly intuitive web browser GUI vs the current TV Server. I do appreciate it is more up to date but in terms of capability what does that mean? I have found very little information on it beyond the support forum and the wiki seems to be empty.
    The features were already described in the german thread. The wiki is not empty for me and contains many infos. If there are advantages compared to TVE3 depends on your use case and expectation.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @morpheus_xx I had a go at starting to implement a ResourceProvider and MetadataExtractor to access and import the recordings through the API. It basically works. I pushed to a new branch here.

There are still a few open points:
    • The TvMosaic IP and port aren't available on the server...yet, so I've just hardcoded some values here for now. When testing you'll obviously need to update those if necessary. Ultimately isn't it probably best if these are stored on the server anyway so each client doesn't have to be configured individually?
    • I set the mime type of the recordings to LiveTvMediaItem.MIME_TYPE_TV_STREAM as a quick and dirty solution to test playback on the client, this uses the live TV stream player as that already had support for playing back from a url. This player expects a live TV stream though so has a few issues but playback basically works
    • Some more metadata can probably be imported, e.g. thumbnails and I'm not sure if I interpreted the times and durations correctly
    • Currently the share has to be added manually in the usual way through Add Media Source, you'll see a new provider there for TvMosaic when selecting what type of share to add which will allow you to add a recordings 'directory', then you'll need to select Video as category. However there doesn't seem to be an easy way to trigger a reimport when a recording gets added or deleted beyond adding some sort of polling...which might mean just adding custom recording screens that access the API directly might be better

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Double check the solutions built without errors and try another Rebuild, both those errors seem unrelated to my changes and look like missing files in the bin folder. Also check there's not another instance of MP2 Server running.

The server needs the new MDE so needs to be built (and you might need to edit the Mosaic server and port in the file I linked above if different for you).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finally I made it work. A reboot and rebuild of both, server and client, solved the issues.
    • I added a new recording source with the newly added TVMosaic category. I can not see it as source in the source overview list, hope that's intended.
    • Afterwards I went to recordings and the recordings of TVMosaic appear in the list besides the "old" recordings, so it seems to work. Just all files have no thumbnail. Should those be created by MP2 or shall the ones within the thumbnail folder of TVMosaic be used?
    • Playing the recordings does not work: "There is no player registered". MP2-Client, MP2-Server and TVMosaic Server are on the same machine, so I didn't change the linked file, because "127.0.0.1" is the local host.
    [2022-01-16 10:21:48,717] [712350 ] [188 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{8699b370-81a3-4027-a78a-54e68794bcfd}://8F94B459-EFC0-4D91-9B29-EC3D72E92677:E44367A7-6293-4492-8C07-0E551195B99F/16-6656484553731348787-1641483900' at system 'cf07b667-2ba4-413d-83a6-c2377cf1cc45'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004001): Nicht implementiert

bei DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.LiveTvStreamPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle, MediaItem mediaItem)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.SlimTvPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I added a new recording source with the newly added TVMosaic category. I can not see it as source in the overview list, hope that's intended.
    It's supposed to show in the overview (and does for me)
    Just all files have no thumbnail. Should those be created by MP2 or shall the ones within the thumbnail folder of TVMosaic be used?
    Yes I haven't added thumbnails yet, they'll need to be retrieved from the API in the MDE.
    Playing the recordings does not work: "There is no player registered". MP2-Client, MP2-Server and TVMosaic Server are on the same machine, so I didn't change the linked file yet.
    It looks like an issue with the Directshow filters for the player. It's using the same player as the live TvMosaic streams, does live TV playback from TvMosaic work for you? I don't think you need to update the file with the IP/port as orherwise the recordings wouldnt have imported.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's supposed to show in the overview (and does for me)
    Directly after adding the source it was not in the overview, but after restarting the client I can also see it.

Yes I haven't added thumbnails yet, they'll need to be retrieved from the API in the MDE.
    Ok, then it's at least not a bug :)

It looks like an issue with the Directshow filters for the player. It's using the same player as the live TvMosaic streams, does live TV playback from TvMosaic work for you? I don't think you need to update the file with the IP/port as orherwise the recordings wouldnt have imported.
    Yeah, I tried to play Live-TV and "old" recordings from the previous recording source. Both playbacks work without issues.
    Let me know, if you need the full debug logs from client and server.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Forgot to mention, that no genres are shown for recordings, though available in TVMosaic

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Forgot to mention, that no genres are shown for recordings, though available in TVMosaic
    Yes these need to be added too.

Can you post a full debug log of client startup and attempting to playback a recording imported with the new MDE, and double check that you have the TvMosaicMetadataExtractor plugin in the client plugin directory (should include the files pictured below) as your player stack trace seems to indicate a problem interpreting the path provided by the MDE correctly.
    Plugin.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes these need to be added too.

Can you post a full debug log of client startup and attempting to playback a recording imported with the new MDE, and double check that you have the TvMosaicMetadataExtractor plugin in the client plugin directory (should include the files pictured below) as your player stack trace seems to indicate a problem interpreting the path provided by the MDE correctly.
    View attachment 209789
    Logs attached. All files are existing as in your screenshot:
    1642339633441.png

Attachments

• Client-logs.rar
      24 KB

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I couldn’t find a new version in first post, you I’ll wait until you guys clarified the issues and post one. It’s anyhow a good progress as far I can see (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom