TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (3 Viewers)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Theoretically, it will always be faster using UNC or a mapped drive letter as it's just opening the TS directly rather than setting up a stream and then connecting to it.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi gibman, i want to test UNC but i don't see any attached RAR files in your post.

EDIT : ok... i saw in your post that the file is in SVN now. But I don't know where to find SVN.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    kilik360: "in SVN" means that it is a standard part of MP now. Just make the changes in your MediaPortal config file (MediaPortal.xml) as described in the first post to enable it. MediaPortal.xml is in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ on Vista or 7. That is a hidden folder so either paste the path into Windows Explorer or enable viewing of hidden files and folders. Once you've found the file you can open it in any text editor like notepad, wordpad etc.

mm

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you are not comfortable editing XML files you can also do it in the GUI.

Start configuration.exe with /debugoptions

On windows 7 you will find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

When you launch this you will have an extra option under tv called debug options. Here you can enable and specify your recording and timeshift UNC folder paths.

regards
    Jacob

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks mm and mylle !!! Everything works like it should, I think /debugoption should always be visible in configuration.exe TV options. You've made my day guys.

:D

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Ok,

I've read through all of the issues with the recording paths and am still having issues.

I have a dedicated drive on my server where my recordings and time shifting files go (ie. E:/Recordings/ and E:/Timeshifting).

I would like to use the UNC option. How do I get my recordings to play and how will new recordings get stored? I have several episodes of one show that will not play but the show that is just listed in the root directory of the recordings plays fine.

Any thought?

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you are not comfortable editing XML files you can also do it in the GUI.

Start configuration.exe with /debugoptions

On windows 7 you will find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

When you launch this you will have an extra option under tv called debug options. Here you can enable and specify your recording and timeshift UNC folder paths.

regards
    Jacob

How do I start this with /debugoptions please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom