TVService not closing, timeshift freeze: Disable EPG. (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, sepp776,

I also found that there was the EPG for an specific channel the responsible of the crashing. So I disabled that EPG and now it works for the moment.

To find out that, I had to test it little by little, adding just one EPG channel each time I made the test.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, sepp776,

I also found that there was the EPG for an specific channel the responsible of the crashing. So I disabled that EPG and now it works for the moment.

To find out that, I had to test it little by little, adding just one EPG channel each time I made the test.

Zorg which channel did the problems come from? I have lots of problems with tvservice and since i have disabled epg everything seems to work fine.

I couldnt find out if it was a channel locking.

:D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    In my case it was Antena3. If you find out something different, please let me know.

ok thanks.

so only antena3, or also the other channels in the same mux (antena3,antena neox and antena nova)

did you leave the rest of them (neox and nova) enabled?

i will let you know if i find any usefull information.

btw, is your setup running correctly now?

thanks

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Antena 3 was resposible for sure, at least in my case. But it's true that when I find out that, I was tired of testing and didn't enable either Telecinco and the Valentian channels, that they may be non problematic channels. I couldn't find out either if Nova and Neox were responsible, although I think I do have now enabled Nova, I can't remember and I'm away from home now.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, this problem with the TVServer is the never-ending story, Just after answering that I had fixed the issue, by disabling the DVB EPG of a channel, I'm experiencing again the TVService freezing, specially at start up, not on resume after an hibernation.

I tried a lot of things and I thought finally that it was the fault of a concrete channel. I really don't know what to do know. Disabling completely the DVB EPG, I guess.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I understand you Zorg, I am having lots of trouble too.

Definately the problem comes from the EPG, i have disabled it totally and everything works perfectly.

So if it makes you feel better, you are not the only one, and if i find a solution i will report here. hope you do the same.

good luck

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Zorg this has worked for the last two days... (it has its problems as in missing epg if you dont use tv for some time, but its better than nothing)

Enabled:
    -Always try to fill holes
    -Enable (whilst timeshifting/recording): 1 minute

I have disabled the following channels (because i dont need epg for them, or because reception is worst and may cause trouble)
    -tele7
    -aprende ingles
    -popular tv
    -las provincias
    -tienda en veo
    -40 latino
    -gol television
    -s3/300

filter for this languages:
    -english
    -spanish

give it a try and let me know.

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I don't know if it helps but i had the same problem and found that one of your fta providers had changed there channel designation from 7DIGITAL 2 to 7TWO. they now both show up when i scan new channels but the epg only shows up for 7DIGITAL2 (which media portal will not play) I get no epg data for 7TWO (but media portal will play that channel) if i disable one of them, then mediaportal epg grabbing works finewhen idle for the other fta channels, unfortunately i get no epg data for that one channel.

So i guess enabling epg grabbing for some channels like you said until you find the one that is giving you problems may be the way to go.

I have been having freeze issues since 7two also. It grabs the epg fine on wintv (I have a HVR-1300) but for some reason 7two does not in mediaportal.
    I can't see any errors in the epg log for 7two.I will disable it and try a commercial epg or web epg.
    Hopefully this will stop some of the frustration I am having

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom