TVService not closing, timeshift freeze: Disable EPG. (1 Viewer)

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Umm well the good thing is you can actually use standby and hibernation without breaking the epg grabber when you choose that option in the power scheduler.

Jumbles72

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Queensland
    Home Country
    In north Queensland Australia, i have been having this issue with Media Portal since i installed 1.0.2 with a fushionHDTV express dual hybrid card. Win XP Sp3

I have 2 channels in the EPG that show no data in media portal (wintv and winhd) but on the native card program it works. I am still finding the time to isolate channels and test, but it is definately associated to the EPG for me. I like the EPG for knowing whats on (at a rough time) because our networks here like to run anywhere from 30 mins early to 30 minutes late, scheduled recording can be difficult.

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.0.2 and EPG grabbing when idle

I 've got exactly the same problem....

TV-Card: KNC TV-Station DVB-C

Provider: Kabel-BW in Germany

I use the actual Versions of Mediaportal and TV Server (1.0) without svn builds.
    I can reproduce the problem with MP 1.0.2, and a KNC TV-Station DVB-C TV card. (Windows XP SP3)

If "EPG grabbing when Idle" is on (and running), it is not possible to switch on TV, when egp started grabbing.
    If i disable "EPG grabbing when idle" - everything works. (EPG grabbing while TV is running does not cause any problems.)

I am confused, why this thread is set to "fixed". For me it is not a fix to disable epg.

I had a look on the log files - at least there is no exception visible. In case the problem MP hangs up. Restarting MP has no effect. Killing and restarting TV Server helps - as long as EPG does not run again ;-)

By the way: i do no standby or hibernation action at all.

@Developers: what do you need beside the log files to get any idea what goes wrong?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In north Queensland Australia, i have been having this issue with Media Portal since i installed 1.0.2 with a fushionHDTV express dual hybrid card. Win XP Sp3

I have 2 channels in the EPG that show no data in media portal (wintv and winhd) but on the native card program it works. I am still finding the time to isolate channels and test, but it is definately associated to the EPG for me. I like the EPG for knowing whats on (at a rough time) because our networks here like to run anywhere from 30 mins early to 30 minutes late, scheduled recording can be difficult.

You should check the tuning parameters and see if the TransportId's are correct. Same goes for ServiceId. You are using DVB-T, right?

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it is a DVB-C TV Card.
    How can i check the transport id?
    In fact i do not encounter any problems as long as idle epg grabbing is disabled.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, if it works when you don't idle-grab it's not related to the transportId...must be something else :(

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, if it works when you don't idle-grab it's not related to the transportId...must be something else :(
    I think i managed to fix the problem. I rescanned all my channels and removed all the encrypted channels from the gab list. Now it is working without problems.

I am not sure if i found the root cause of the problem... but maybe the epg idle tried to tune to a channel not working properly. And maybe that caused the hang up. Can this be possible?

trigger

Portal Member
    January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry,
    meine Englischkenntnisse sind ein wenig veraltet. Habe ich das richtig verstanden? Nachdem du sämtliche Kanäle neu eingescannt hast, funktioniert mp auch bei einem Neustart. Habe nämlich die gleichen Probleme.
    Gruss, trigger

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry,
    meine Englischkenntnisse sind ein wenig veraltet. Habe ich das richtig verstanden? Nachdem du sämtliche Kanäle neu eingescannt hast, funktioniert mp auch bei einem Neustart. Habe nämlich die gleichen Probleme.
    Gruss, trigger
    Nunja, hatte kurzfritig damit Erfolge, aber hat nicht lange gedauert.

Bei mir hat sich das idle grabbing immer an einem bestimmten Kanal verabschiedet. Prüft mal das epg Log vom TV Server.
    Eventuell kann es auch mit der Refreshrate zusammenhängen. Ich hatte das mal zum Test auf 15Minuten eingestellt und ich hatte das gefühl (laut log) dass nach 15 Minuten das epg nicht mehr funktionierte.

Leider hab ich noch keine Zeit gehabt in den Code reinzuschauen.:(

EDIT: in English:
    Sorry tourettes....
    My changes had little effect.
    I still have the effect that my epg hangs up.
    Maybe because of a special channel (i had a look on the epg log file and it was always the same channel on which epg grabbing was tried) or because of the epg repetition time exceeded. (for testing i lowered the epg grab tiem to 15 min an excatly after that time it sopped.
    Maybe two overlaying threads trying to use the same resource? I had no time to look into the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom