TVService not closing, timeshift freeze: Disable EPG. (1 Viewer)

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To me it appears the problem does not exist anymore.

I believe you have to activate the "prevent standby when grabbing epg" option. Somehow this works around the problem. Might be the machine entering standby while grabbing epg or waiting for timeout (on channels with no epg). Just a hunch.

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for your input splattterpop.
    I will furthermore analyse, the problem - maybe i can find a easy way to reproduce the hang up.

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems as my hang up was cause by a special channel. any time epg idle grabbing was tried on this channel, the tv server died.
    I removed this channel and it is working properly.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    So, no one has problems with DVB EPG grabbing enabled and TVService?

I tried everything I read in this and other posts and still have the problem: If I enable EPG grabbing, TVService freezes sooner or later. I tried all these things:
    -Check "prevent standby when grabbing epg" in Powerscedhuler.
    -Disable Powerscheduler, just in case this could be the cause, but it wasn't.
    -Trying to locate some channel that could be the cause of TVService freezing. But I couldn't find a specific guilty channel.

The only solution for me is disabling EPG grabbing and use the Web guides, but I must say that DVB EPG is more reliable than any TVguide in internet. I could confirm that a lot of times (I confirmed that with Spanish and Italian channels. They made a lot of changes and have delays that don't appear in the Webepg, but it do appear in DVB EPG). So, WebEPG misguides a lot of times.

Are there any more solutions or tips to avoid the TVService freezing when using DVB EPG grabbing?

I would appreciate very much some help.

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My setup has become very stable recently. I did not track all the changes related to epg / power scheduler, so i am not able to say when or what exactly. I would like to share my settings.

+ I use a recent SVN build (currently 24247).

+ DVB EPG section: store data only for selected channels=yes, but I have only a couple of channels selected for which no other epg exists. All language filters are off. Radio same as tv.

+ general section: priority=high, delay =3s (dont know anymore for what reason).

+ Plugins: power scheduler + tv movie epg import

+ power scheduler: shutdown to hibernation after being idle for 15 minutes, wakeup for various events=yes (what is this exactly?), allow always. Reinitialize service=no (which gave better stability to the streaming server... network still down?), pre-wakeup time =60, pre-no-shutdown time=120, check interval=60. Prevent standby while grabbing epg=yes, wakeup system for epg grabbing on monday 00:00. Various process names in the "prevent" list, network monitor = 5 kb/s

I currently have no issues. Scheduled wakeups are working. The system comes out of hibernation in 30 seconds after I press the button. I have set the client to restart on resume though.

Hope this helps.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks a lot for answering!

It's possible that you have no problems with that configuration because you only use DVB EPG for a couple of channels. But I use DVB EPG for all the Spanish and Italian channels, more than 20.
    For the German channels (my wife is aus München) I use the Webepg on Internet and it's always accurate, but with Spanish and Italian I do need the DVB EPG.

So, I don't know what to do. I've been weeks trying to fix the problem with the DVB EPG and the TVService freezing. Now and then, I give up and turn to WebEPG grabbing, but when I see that the guide it's not reliable I come back to DVB EPG to try it again without success. The thing is once, months ago, it seemed to work, and it was then when I realized that DVB EPG was much more reliable (at least in my case) than WebEPG.

The only thing I can think for the moment is to try again grabbing DVB EPG but starting with only one channel of the 20 and adding channels little by little, just to see if I can find the guilty channel, if any.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello Zorg.

For testing. I know I should not infer this, but you will not live in Mallorca?. Because if so, disables the EPG for IB3.

Let's see if we're lucky.

by (Google translate)

Jumbles72

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Queensland
    Home Country
    I don't know if it helps but i had the same problem and found that one of your fta providers had changed there channel designation from 7DIGITAL 2 to 7TWO. they now both show up when i scan new channels but the epg only shows up for 7DIGITAL2 (which media portal will not play) I get no epg data for 7TWO (but media portal will play that channel) if i disable one of them, then mediaportal epg grabbing works finewhen idle for the other fta channels, unfortunately i get no epg data for that one channel.

So i guess enabling epg grabbing for some channels like you said until you find the one that is giving you problems may be the way to go.

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Zorg,

have you finally found a solution for the DVB EPG problem? I'm having the same issues when grabbing for the German channels.

So long,
    Sepp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom