Unable to play "filename.." video codec: xvid (1 Viewer)

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Hm, hardly a solution, since I don't like the internal player at all.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
How would that work? I don't see anything called "matroska splitter" on my system. I have some Haali's Matroska muxer, I think? I use ZoomPlayer, and I installed CCCP.

Also, I get the error with any kind of files, not just mkvs...

Slee_Stack

Portal Member
October 6, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My issue was with the INTERNAL player not playing some files.

The Matroska install worked for me.

japes

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having the same problem with external player (mpc-hc) in MP 1.0.2 with latest Moving pictures plugin. The video file is played correctly and when i close mpc-hc and return to MP, I see the window error.
Mind you, that if I play the video in mpc-hc directly (not in the MP environment), I do not get any error messages.
Tried re-installing directx but nothing changed.
My system is winXP pro sp3.
Any thoughts for a solution?

This is my issue also...not a huge deal b/c the file still plays but annoying in that i have to manually change the icon to switch from unwatched to watched.

None of the suggestion posted work.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
This is my issue also...not a huge deal b/c the file still plays but annoying in that i have to manually change the icon to switch from unwatched to watched.

None of the suggestion posted work.

Yes, exactly. Not a major thing, except for having to set to watched manually...
I wish some of the developers would do something about this problem.

Thomas85

February 17, 2009
isnt this problem only with ATI videocards ? I use older catalyst and this "bug" was fixed

Nulf

Portal Member
April 11, 2009
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have this problem too with both my nvidia 9500GT and ATi 4870 card, when I return to MP (1.0.2) from mpc-hc I get "Unable to play.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom