Unable to play "filename.." video codec: xvid (1 Viewer)

dars55

April 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I went back and read some more about my 9250 and you're right.... it is DirectX 9 compliant. From reading around a bit it supports DX9 but can only utilize portions of it, which results in it being basically a DX8.1 card:confused:

Not an expert on this at all.....

fixed.jpg

<edit> switched from DX to EVR in Direct Show Filter Control and was instantly able to play back all files including .mov trailers. I am not having any playback issues using EVR (I noticed the WARNING about software rendering) so for now I am sticking with this as everything is working.

Remember, this is my first time with MediaPortal after many years using Snapstream Beyond Media / Beyond TV but I am now loving MediaPortal and will only be using Beyond TV for my PVR portion and am dumping Beyond Media.</edit>

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I do not have this video playback issue myself with MP 1.0.2 but I am wondering:

why don´t all these MP users go back to MediaPortal 1.0.0 to get rid of this problem and wait untill this post-1.0.0 problem is solved. This would be a simple quick solution. as far as I see this problem started with SVNs after 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. MediaPortal 1.0.0 does not have this issue.

Sergey K

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    why don´t all these MP users go back to MediaPortal 1.0.0 to get rid of this problem and wait untill this post-1.0.0 problem is solved
    This is not interesting :)

But I do not understand. I can normally play all my .avi files on my GeForce4 MX440 (no DX9 support!), but I can not play any stream video (details).
    Today I switched from DX to EVR , but had not any result. I see error dialog box when I try to play any stream Video :(

added 30.05.2009: today I playing music normally. After I start wach video and get error dialog box with audio codec version with his name. After I restart my PC I normaly can wath video.

Gagaras

May 27, 2009
    I am having the same problem with external player (mpc-hc) in MP 1.0.2 with latest Moving pictures plugin. The video file is played correctly and when i close mpc-hc and return to MP, I see the window error.
    Mind you, that if I play the video in mpc-hc directly (not in the MP environment), I do not get any error messages.
    Tried re-installing directx but nothing changed.
    My system is winXP pro sp3.
    Any thoughts for a solution?

olivvvv

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

I have reinstalled ffdshow, haali, vobsub with no success, same error :oops:

For Live TV : I use dscaler codec for audio, and nvidia for video.
    For Series i use : ffdshow for video and dscaler for audio.

I will try other codecs...

gumdigger

Portal Member
    July 16, 2008
    same problem with h264

i am having a same problem here with a MP4 file.

Unable to play file: file name
    Video Codec: H264
    Audio Codec: AAC

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I think it's relevant to note on your replies whether you use an external player. I get it with Zoom Player, but I take it not everyone does.

It's crappy too because it doesn't mark episodes as watched in anime and tvseries plugins.

ep0n

Portal Member
    September 29, 2007
    I'm having a similar issue, however my missing codec seems random. When I restart MP it works fine again. Using MP 1.1A. Using internal player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom