Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I can't enter the weather menu any more after a complete system re-install

Unable to Retrieve Weather, Invalid License key.

Thanx
    Hein

Attachments

• weather.zip
      101.8 KB

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aaaah, that explains it!
    Noticed this as well yesterday evening...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Damn, we knew about it, just beat us before we could get replacement.

Was considering wunderground.com and we have applied for a key, have not heard back yet :(

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would a system with custom providers be possible? Reliability of weather forecasts really depends on where you are and what provider is specialized in that region ... I imagine a system that displays weather data and you can decide if you want to have yahoo, wunderground, yr.no, wetter.com or whatever in the background.

SFu

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    Bad Homburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to Retrieve Weather

local provider would be very nice.

but

I think, every provider uses a different API.
    If you want to use different local provider, you have to implement all API´s in Mediaportal.
    Or move the complete weather functionality in different plugins for the different regions.

in all cases, you have to change the architecture...?!?

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    why not make a script that check your API key ?
    It works on my Home Automation server with Weather Speak control.

All you have to do is register (free) on World Weather, copy the API key into the script and it all works.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All you have to do is register (free) on World Weather, copy the API key into the script and it all works.

Thats fine for individuals, but a project like ours needs too many hits, so only way to go is many different api's, hopefully most stay free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event...
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing...
    I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom