Unable to start graph on composite input (3 Viewers)

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
H i all,

i have the tuner working and epg working fine with Digital TV but having problems connecting an external source (satbox) through composite input. i have tested this as working through compro dtv so sure the pc is receiving the video stream but just cant get mp tv to recognize (displays graph error both in tv config preview and in mp proper). i have added a composite input using the analogue tuner card and tried everything i can think of including ticking the vcr input box and checking all input types. appreciate anyone giving me a tip on where to start looking to fix this issue. Have added the logs but dont understand enough about this to know what it means.

Cheers,

Brad

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there Brad

Not all analog cards with software encoders (like yours) work... for a variety of reasons which are too complex to even attempt to explain. I'm willing to try and help you find out why your card isn't working and fix the problem. Having said that, I'm not offering you any guarantees that we will succeed. Your logs have given me some clues about the general nature of the problem but I'm going to need more information from you to help me better understand exactly what is wrong. Please follow these instructions:

1. Stop TV Server
    2. Take a back up of TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the TVLibrary.dll attached to this post into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Clear your tv.log file.
    5. Start TV Server.
    6. Attempt to view the composite channel.
    7. Post the tv.log file here (don't worry about the other logs - they are irrelevant, at least for the moment)

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      150.3 KB

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks heaps appreciate the help. attached is the updated log which i hope points us in the right direction. if i cant get this to work i'll ask for your advice on a pci cam card :)
    might be a better solution anyway.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Brad

Sure we can talk about CAMs if this doesn't work (I thought you might have something like that in mind ;) )...
    Hey unfortunately the log you posted doesn't contain any new information for me, which is a bit strange. Here is another DLL for you to try. I have added even more debug to the log so this time I should be certain to find out where the process is choking. Same instructions as before...

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      150.4 KB

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, okay attached is new log which is starting to make some sense. i think issue is with either filter or pins.... not that it actually means anything to me but hopefully will make sense to you. Now about the CAM cards :) which model would you recommend and does it also do normal digital tuning?
    cheers again for your help.
    Brad

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thanks for the new log file. The news is both good and bad. Good, in that I can see what the problem is. Bad in that it doesn't look like it will be an easy fix...

This probably won't make a whole lot of sense to you, but technically speaking, the issue is with your TV card's capture filter. TV Server can't find the audio output pin that it needs to connect to the rest of the graph. There is an analog audio pin, but no plain audio pin.

So there are two things that we can try. The first is to see if the analog audio pin would actually work if we forced TV Server to use it. The second is to see if your TV card has any other capture filters that have the correct pins.

I've got to get to work right now, but I'll get back to you about the next step sometime this evening (hopefully)...

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Audio! aha i think this could turn out to be completely my fault. i actually havent been connecting the audio in up to this point just the video lead. I have also not used i think the internal audio link cable to connect the card to the motherboard. I have plugged the audio into the mic input and get sound but still fails on the graph but possibly because it's expecting the audio to come in through the dtv card. does make sense as the source of the problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No I don't think that is the cause, but worth a try...

The next step for you is to download and install GraphStudio from here, and then follow the instructions bellow:

1. Run GraphStudio as Administrator.
    2. Click on the "graph" menu, then click "insert filter" (1st item).
    3. In the top left box of the popup window select "WDM streaming TV tuner devices".
    4. In the box beside it select "all filters".
    5. Take a screenshot ([alt] + [print screen], then paste into Paint, Photoshop or similar and save as an image file).
    6. Double click each entry in the list to add each filter to the graph.
    7. Repeat options 3, 4, 5 and 6 for the following categories:
    "WDM streaming TV audio devices"
    "WDM streaming crossbar devices"
    "WDM streaming capture devices"
    8. Once you have completed step 7, close the popup window.
    9. Click on the "graph" menu, then click "make graph screenshot". Paste into Paint/whatever as above... to get a screenshot.

Please post the 5 screenshots here.

If you don't understand the instructions then just ask and I'll try and explain in more detail...

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok so i think / hope i followed your instructions correctly? attached are the screen shots as requested.
    thanks again i appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Graph Studio1.jpg
      Graph Studio1.jpg
      44.8 KB
    • Graph Studio2.jpg
      Graph Studio2.jpg
      88.6 KB
    • Screen Cap.jpg
      Screen Cap.jpg
      301.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread