Unwanted recording (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    And I can't find a MediaPortal Extension Installer in the program directory of any of its subdirectories.
    There is no plugin installer. You need to place the dll manually into the SlimTV plugin subdirectory.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I thought I could skip the step of scheduling an unwanted recording and editing its name and just add new entry to the xml file.
    The reason that I suggested creating a "dummy" new recording from the EPG was so that all of the other recording parameters would be correct. If you set up the dummy recording as you want it, only the programme name needs changing in the xml file.

However if I do this and re-import the new entry isn't shown on the TV Server Schedule.
    This should work for a repeated recording (often called a "series"). However, if the series is not currently in the EPG, there will be nothing to see in the list of scheduled recordings. Instead, you need to switch the panel to show the list of series recordings (there should be a button somewhere on the panel that you can click to do this, or to bring up a menu with a list of selections).

In principle you could edit the xml file to create a single (one-off) recording that was not currently in the EPG. I have never tried that, so I do not know quite what "TV Server" or the MP2 client would do -- they may or may not show it on the "Series Schedule" panel. I am inclined to think that they would not show it, since it is not a series.

So you don't have to schedule an unwanted programme: just change the name of a wanted one that's already there!
    But but but but... the wanted recording is wanted, so I don't want to change that. I want to change an unwanted recording. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited:

TVWatcher

Portal Member
    January 9, 2020
    Country flag
    TVWatcher said:

However if I do this and re-import the new entry isn't shown on the TV Server Schedule.

However, if the series is not currently in the EPG, there will be nothing to see in the list of scheduled recordings.
    I didn't expect to see it the list of scheduled recordings in the client, but I did in the list in the TV Server configuration program.
    But but but but... the wanted recording is wanted, so I don't want to change that. I want to change an unwanted recording. :D
    My point was that if you change the name of any recording in the xml file, when you reload it you will see that the entry for the original programme is still there as well as that for the new name. I wasn't expecting that, but it does make the process rather easier. I have an entry in the TV Configuration list for a programme titled "Enter Name of Programme Here" so to add a programme to the wish-list I just have to rename it in the xml file and when I reload it I've still got a programme called that for use next time!
    I'm quite prepared to believe this wasn't the designer's intention, but as I say it's a very usefulfeature (?bug).

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Country flag
    My point was that if you change the name of any recording in the xml file, when you reload it you will see that the entry for the original programme is still there as well as that for the new name.
    When you import the schedule, "TV Server" merges the entries in the imported file with those already present.

If you import the complete schedule, and only one is different, those that are unchanged will remain unchanged (you don't get duplicate entries), but the one that is changed is added.

If you want the imported schedule to replace entirely the existing schedule (e.g. because you have copied the schedule from another HTPC), you need to delete the existing schedule before importing the replacement schedule. You can delete the entire schedule by using Windows multi-select feature (select first, scroll to bottom of list, press and hold SHIFT key, select last, release SHIFT key, click "Delete" button).

What this means is that you can keep a import file that contains a single entry, and edit and import that each time you want to schedule a programme that is not present in the EPG.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

TVWatcher

Portal Member
    January 9, 2020
    Country flag
    What this means is that you can keep a import file that contains a single entry, and edit and import that each time you want to schedule a programme that is not present in the EPG.
    Aha! So not only do I not need to create a dummy entry in the schedule, I don't even need to export the xml and edit it! Things get easier and easier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 2
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    F Recording starts at second time only MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    B MP 1.23 First time click TV or Recorded TV fails, 2nd ... it will work General Support 5
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    R [solved] MP will not delete recordings that are on NAS Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 23
    U [solved] Beginner needs help recording live TV General 19
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    k12158 [solved] Keine Zugriff auf NAS Ordner mit Recordings und TimeShift Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6