Update of the EPG grabber [Polish] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chlodny

Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland
Have a look at those manuals:

TV-Server/Configuration/Plugins/WebEPG - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
TV-Server/Configuration/Plugins/XmlTv - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

They should help you solve your problems. Currently I'm at work so this is the only thing I can do for you. In case of problems I can help you in the evening.

Also try to mess with Zap2it plugin for TV Server. They provide TVN International listings too.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=42795&channel=736

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi chlodny,

is it much work with implementing te webepg for polish channels or it is quite painless? My htpc is fully optimized at the moment, so I don't want to mess too much with the configuration.

Could you provide short manual how to do this? Never have done this before.

Thx,
    kesar

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Okay! I'll have a look at my configuration in the evening and I'll write a short tutorial for you. :)

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Ops, I just turned on the WebEPG plugin, pressed the 'automap' for Poland, 'save' and 'grab now' and everything works smoothly. It's a miracle :D and completely automatic. I even have polish characters in the program descriptions.

Thx anyway for your interest.
    kesar

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I never use the automap option because it sometimes has problems with channels which have similar names eg. Polsat News has EPG from Polsat Cafe and so on. Just have a look if everything's fine with them. :)

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    @ Chlodny

How about polish characters, sometimes all is fine and then I got some russian ? ones in place of our national. Is a simple way to debug it. Do You have the same or its just mine setup? eh here some channells are ok and some as superstacja wrong codepage
    beznazwy1ez.jpg

mbork

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2008
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi hlodny,
    maybe I describe what I do to get timezone corrected for grabbed xmltv:

1. in WebEPG I set it up to save file to the HDD location
    2. copy the resoulting file to xmltv plugin directory
    2. in MP Server Setup I go to manual and refresh EPG (to clean DB)
    3. in xmltv plugin I tick time correction and put it to 8 Hrs
    4. map the channels, save
    5. import

The resoult is the same, no time correction.

I should add that even stright after grabbing the xmltv file has time written as 8 Hrs, which I belive is taken from my PC during grabbing but is only informative and does do nothing. I don't know how the WebEPG is working ie. does it take in consideration the www timezonewhere it is grabbing from? It seems that it does not.

If the grabber had a time adjustment and did the corrections while grabbing there would be no problems.

For my TV in Australia I use EPG Collector to grab EPG from transponder stream. In the program setup there is an entry to specify the time offset and it works perfectly.

BTW., is any TV provider in Poland sending the EPG in the stream? If it is, the EPG Collector would be great solution, it works with most streamed EPG formats.

Thanks,
    Michal

EDIT: there is not much info on time correction in xmlt plugin. At present there is 6Hrs difference between PL and AU. Maybe I should put -6 instead of just quoting my timezone of 8... hmm I will give it a try.

mbork

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2008
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi hlodny,
    finally got it fixed, and in the place I could not expect it at all.... After extensive trials (changing time adjustment) I got it right for the programs next day but present time was not maching at all (and probably the more further programs as well, I didn't bother to check).
    Then I tought that it might be something to do with the time format. Bingo! I had time on my PC set to AM/PM. I've changed it ti 0/24 Hrs and imported the file without time adjustment. All seems be ok now :)

I might ask you for some help with iTVN. I don't know nothing about making grabbers or grabbing scheme or how to set graber to get proper info from the www site.
    That one won't be easy..., maybe you got some easy to follow manual?

Thanks a lot,
    michal

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom