[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
My Ipad is only showing a black screen when trying to start live TV and recordings with HTTP Live streamings. do I have to upgrade my Ipad with SW:(

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, I'm not really sure about the iPad problem. None of the MPExtended team members own an iPad, so we haven't tested on it. However, according to the specification from Apple it should work. I think the problem is that the iPad doesn't accept the profiles we offer. Easiest way to fix this would be if someone with an iPad could get VLC streaming to his/her iPad working, so that we can adopt his/her settings. I can't do that myself due to the lack of an iPad...

am i missing something dl link goes to old version?

odd clicked on direct dl and it took me to the page but did not refresh and so i was seeing old web page very strange, now manually refreshed and links are there odd to say the least.
    It can take up to 24 hours before the old page will be refreshed from the cache. For now you can try to reload the page with Ctrl+F5 and you should get the new download links.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I don't have an IPhone (at hand) but an IPad...

What I did:
    1. Start MPExtended Service 0.5.0
    2. Start WebMP 0.5.0
    3. Go to http://htpc:8080 ==> login
    4. Go to TV-Programm
    5. Chose a currently broadcastet program
    6. Chose "Live anschauen" (probably "watch live" in english)
    7. Chose "HTTP Live Streaming medium" ==> push "change player"

Now I see the "wait-cursor" of the iPad spinning and MPExtended Configurator shows an active stream. But The iPad keeps "spinning" and nothing can be seen. After a wile, the active stream disappears from the MPExtended Configurator.

Logs attached. Somehow strange - lots of exceptions. In particular one referring to C:\Users\Oxan\...?!?

I used MPExtended and WebMP 0.4.3 before and upgraded both to 0.5.0 as per your instructions above (first MPExtended Service, then WebMP).
    MediaPortal version in use is 1.3.0 alpha

Thanks so much for your work guys! Nevertheless a fantastic job!
    If you need anything else, please let me know.
    cheers,
    Michael

Attachments

• IPad Error.7z
      3.4 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Now I see the "wait-cursor" of the iPad spinning and MPExtended Configurator shows an active stream. But The iPad keeps "spinning" and nothing can be seen. After a wile, the active stream disappears from the MPExtended Configurator.
    Yeah, that only confirms my suspicion that the iPad doesn't accept our stream. Sorry, I can't help you with that right now.

Logs attached. Somehow strange - lots of exceptions. In particular one referring to C:\Users\Oxan\...?!?
    The exception in Service.log seems to come from an old MP-TVSeries version or database, otherwise your logs seem to be fine. The C:\Users\Oxan is a reference to the location of the source code during compilation, so that's not a problem. (I'm only interested in the line number, but I haven't found out how to remove the full path yet).

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    No worries, Oxan. Take your time for the iPad support. If there's anything I can help you with, just let me know!
    Michael

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Thanks Lyfesaver!
    I tried to test a bit with changes to streamingprofiles.xml last night but wasn't successful, yet.
    Two things I found via google and couldn't test so far are:
    iPad is said to support h264 main profile 3.1. It should support baseline as well, but wherever I found something at apple, it said main profile recommended.
    Then it said the maximum fps supported is 30. Recommended was 29.something. I didn't find a fps=xy setting int the xml. But then again, the same restriction should apply to the iPhone and there it already works like a charm...
    Thanks again,
    Michael

KwizatZ

Portal Member
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello, thanks for your great work, but I've a problem with MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.exe on a windows 7 64bits ultimate with latest patches installed:

When MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.exe is started on windows startup (or manually started without run as administrator option), if I open MPExtended Configurator screen, the first tab I click is filled, but when I click on other tabs they stay blank and the stop or start button for service doesn't work. Then if I right click on the icon in tray and click Exit, I've a windows app crash screen for MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator with a System.UnauthorizedAccess exception.

Here is the full app crash log:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:    3QX3DGLKNUIBNNXRXLSOM2J0SUF3ONYR
      Problem Signature 02:    0.5.0.0
      Problem Signature 03:    50b2195c
      Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
      Problem Signature 05:    4.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:    4ee9a9f1
      Problem Signature 07:    3fda
      Problem Signature 08:    13c
      Problem Signature 09:    System.UnauthorizedAccess
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1036
      Additional Information 1:    0a9e
      Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:    0a9e
      Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

To solve the problem I have to manually start MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.exe with run as administrator option: in this case everything is ok except the start stop service button which doesn't work (but I don't care).
    I didn't have this issue with MPExtended 0.4.3.

I Hope that it will help :)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had this problem when i went from the old version to the new one and to solve it i had to uninstall it and delete the files/folders left behind in program filesx86/MPExtended and in programdata/MPExtended and then re installed and everything works fine since :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom