[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

KwizatZ

Portal Member
August 14, 2010
Home Country
France France
@Atomic7431: thanks for your help, that solved my problem ;)
I tried to uninstall app before, but didn't think to delete remaining files, which seem to be the problem.

Last edited:

pellegj

Portal Pro
May 7, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!
I was wondering if there's any way to offload the transcoding from the tv-server by installing mpextended on a more powerful client?

pellegj

Portal Pro
May 7, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!
I was wondering if there's any way to offload the transcoding from the tv-server by installing mpextended on a more powerful client?
Not yet but it is something that we have been talking about...
Thx for the quickest reply i ever gotten on any forum :)
Yes, i asked about before, and oxan hinted that it might be in 0.5, so i asked again if i missed something in the config.
Otherwise I have some problems with the windows service crashing when using web interface (watching live tv and clicking any link on the page makes the service crash every time, using the back button in browser and the service survives), and also when using ampdroid. I will however document these problems better and get back with clean logs.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Now I see the "wait-cursor" of the iPad spinning and MPExtended Configurator shows an active stream. But The iPad keeps "spinning" and nothing can be seen. After a wile, the active stream disappears from the MPExtended Configurator.
Yeah, that only confirms my suspicion that the iPad doesn't accept our stream. Sorry, I can't help you with that right now.

Logs attached. Somehow strange - lots of exceptions. In particular one referring to C:\Users\Oxan\...?!?
The exception in Service.log seems to come from an old MP-TVSeries version or database, otherwise your logs seem to be fine. The C:\Users\Oxan is a reference to the location of the source code during compilation, so that's not a problem. (I'm only interested in the line number, but I haven't found out how to remove the full path yet).

this seems very similar to some of my problems but im using a htc one x android phone and when i try to stream to it i get messages in mp extended as if its gonna play and then nothing happens in ampdroid just a black screen, then i get some error about server died when in fact it is still running and still thinks the stream is being played when its not.
I have uninstalled it all now and mpextended gave me a headache when being uninstalled and got so far and just sat there and never finished caused some real problems and ive had to manually remove it after various attempts.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    then i get some error about server died when in fact it is still running and still thinks the stream is being played when its not.
    If you get an error message about MEDIA_SERVER_DIED in aMPdroid, that's a problem with the codecs on your phone and unrelated to MPExtended. Especially HTC firmware seems to be picky about which streams it accept, and gives that error message quite a lot. It's nothing we can do much about, as it's essentially a bug in Android.

I have uninstalled it all now and mpextended gave me a headache when being uninstalled and got so far and just sat there and never finished caused some real problems and ive had to manually remove it after various attempts.
    What problems did you have with the uninstallation? If it's just sitting there and doing nothing, that usually means it's waiting for the UAC dialog to be accepted.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    it started uninstalling but got so far and then sat there just doing nothing, i had gone past the uac dialog so not sure what went wrong. Typical i would have a device that is finiky lol

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I tried an uninstall of MPExt whilst my TV Server was recording and this happened. The installer won't quit the TV Service if a recording/timeshift is active. Could this have been the problem for you?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Succesfully installed mpextended, webmediaportal 0.5.0 and then updated ampdroid pro to 1.1.0. All tested and all works great! :)

i uninstalled previous version.
    Deleted mpextended folders from C:\Program files(x86) and C:\Programdata
    Installed mpextended, created a new user and deleted admin (since I will allow access from internet).
    Opened ports 4322 and 8080 to my tv server computer and tested ampdroid - perfekt "just works".
    Added webmediaportal and viewed some options, just looks good - tested - OK!
    So simple, so sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom