[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Only three log files have updated since I installed it; I've attached them.

I can't even see an option for HTTPS.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    that is tv server logs..... we need mpextended logs..... default directory for Win 7 is : C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Oh right. Attached.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like an IIS problem. I think I actually have IIS enabled on my server, which might be preventing IIS Express from running. Should I uninstall IIS Express 7.5 and just use IIS 8.0 and follow this guide?

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yes, if u have IIS already then use MPextended as usual and then use the WebMediaPortal for IIS Edition for access =)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    yes, if u have IIS already then use MPextended as usual and then use the WebMediaPortal for IIS Edition for access =)
    I went through the guide and have WebMediaPortal as an application running on my "Default Web Site" but still get 404 errors. I've tried restarting IIS and MPExtended services to no avail. :(

The logs don't even show anything for WebMediaPortal, doesn't even look like it's running.

EDIT: OK, it looks like I can access it by going to http://192.168.1.99/WebMediaPortal, rather than http://192.168.1.99:8585. I guess it doesn't really matter if it's accessed via the standard 80 web port?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is anyone able to stream 1080i live tv smoothly to a windows machine (using any Flash profile available)? I can watch any SD and 1080p HD file just fine, and also SD livetv... but 1080i channels stutters badly (the effect would be as low fps I would say)... deinterlacing problems may be? I discard performance problems in either server or client machines. Server doesn't reach 100% at all, and I've tested in 2 different laptops as clients.

Thanks a lot.
    I don't have a problem with it. You can try to set the fps=25 option in the transcoder profile, that seems to have helped some people with similar problems.

IWhat about HTML5 Oxan? Is it even possible with windows inside Webmediaportal?
    No, not possible. I've explained quite some times that there's no suitable codec and container combination supported by HTML5 (search for it if you're interested).

Is there a way to enable seeking when in VLC Direct mode?
    No, not at the moment. Might be added to 0.6, thanks to @DieBagger.

EDIT: OK, it looks like I can access it by going to http://192.168.1.99/WebMediaPortal, rather than http://192.168.1.99:8585. I guess it doesn't really matter if it's accessed via the standard 80 web port?
    Yeah, that's supposed to happen when you use the IIS edition. Do you still need to get the IIS Express edition working or is it ok now?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country

boldie

Portal Member
    September 30, 2007
    I don't see any Navigation menu if I use not the Default Skin. With Default Skin everythins is fine.
    Behaviour is equal on Windows 8 IE10 or ipad Safari. (look screenshots)

MPextended is running on a Windows 8 Maschine. (fresh Setup, no Installation probs).

Any ideas what i can do?
    Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0003.PNG
      IMG_0003.PNG
      102.8 KB
    • Bootstrap.PNG
      Bootstrap.PNG
      491.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom