[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 | Page 35

Discussion in 'MPExtended' started by Oxan, November 25, 2012.

1. mhoogenbosch
    • Premium Supporter

mhoogenbosch MP Donator

IT Consultancy
    Ratings:
    +70 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    having the same problem. Becasue of the blog i decided to install. I'm running 1.4 aswell. 'direct' stares back at me with a VLC icon in the middle and the Flash players complain about not finding the video.
    The movies / music is on a NAS but i've entered the correct creds and restarted the service. Should i post the log files as well?
    Restart of the web services did the trick :D stupid me :)

there still must be something wrong with iis7 express or something, because all the skins i'm downloading end up in a mess. Only the default skin works fine. Well, maybe that's something for tomorrow :)

Last edited: June 28, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    yes please post your logs =) thanks

4. globaldonkey
    • Premium Supporter

globaldonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    No, they are local. Tried disabling firewall / A/V as well.

I messed around with it some more. I can get streaming to a desktop (Win 7 / Firefox / IE) with flash only. With direct, I just get the VLC icon in the window, and with http it says this is not supported by my browser (both IE and FF). I can get streaming to an IOS device using http only. I assume the later is correct, as there is no flash on the IOS device.

I was going to try and work it with different user id's, so the desktop id used flash and the IOS id used http, but it seems the streaming parameters are global.

Is there some sort of matrix of what streaming should work to which devices? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

EDIT2: OK think I've found the problem with direct streaming...... just not sure how to go about fixing it. None of the mkv's work. It's just the avi's that are working - I have so few of them avi's, it made it look like the whole library wasn't working. I have LAV filters installed (standard with 1.4), and I thought vlc came with all it's own splitters / filters anyway, so not sure how to go about fixing this.

Last edited: June 29, 2013
  5. globaldonkey
    • Premium Supporter

globaldonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    This space intentionally blank

Last edited: June 29, 2013
  6. Oxan
    • Premium Supporter

Oxan Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's fixed in 0.6.

- Direct should work everywhere the VLC plugin is available, but depends a bit on the container. Some containers aren't streamable, though MKV is as far as I know. Weird that it doesn't work for you, not sure why that happens.
    - Flash should work everywhere Flash is available.
    - HTTP Live Streaming should work on Mac OS X (Safari only, mabye), Android and iOS.

7. LennyW

LennyW Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Unfortunately I still have issues with VLC 2.x. It sounds like audio is repeated after a few miliseconds. It sounds really awful. Is there any other way to solve this issue? New laptop is no option :( ... Otherwise I could still use Flash HD, it is working okay.

Thanks
    LennyW

8. Oxan
    • Premium Supporter

Oxan Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, sorry, it's a bug in VLC 1.x which is fixed in VLC 2.x. Nothing we can do anything about.

9. LennyW

LennyW Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Okay,
    I will wait for a new laptop then. It may be not as far away as I have thought... :D

Thanks,
    LennyW

10. AberDino
    • Premium Supporter

AberDino MP Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    Show System Specs
    Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I recently installed WebMediaPortal 0.5.3, mainly to be able to remotely schedule recordings, which works very well :) , other than the fact that sometimes I don't get the TV guide etc, which seems to be a known issue.

Anyway, I am also interested in the streaming function, preferably 'direct' with the VLC plugin (on my LAN only). So, I installed the latest VLC player 2.0.7 and made sure the box was ticked to install the activex plugin. When I load up the WebMP page in IE and select a program to "watch live" I get the IE pompt and see the placeholder on the screen. Then when I accept the prompt to run the VLC plugin the placeholder disappears but I don't get the video. Audio starts streaming fine in the background. The change player drop down box sits right up under the play, pause, etc buttons, so no black screen or anything like that. When I download the playlist for usage with external player and load that in the VLC player it works fine.

Any ideas?

11. Oxan
    • Premium Supporter

Oxan Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try it in another browser (Firefox or Chrome)?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!