[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (3 Viewers)

Crash22

Portal Member
August 17, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've searched through this forum but don't seem to be able to find the answer so please forgive me if this is a repeat post. I have followed all of the installation instructions and everything is working fine. I can browse to the WebMediaPortal and watch my Movies, TVShows and listen to music just fine over my home network. What I can't do is Fast Forward or skip to a different part of the show/movie that I am watching. Is this possible?
You should be able to seek in the show/movie you're watching by dragging the slider to a different position; fast forward isn't supported.

Thanks Oxan

I've found that by experimenting with different stream types and profiles I have been able to "jump" to different positions. Now I think I've got another issue because after I've watched about 20 mins if I try and jump to another portion of the show, or try a different show I lose my connection to the server and have to reboot my HTPC or restart the MP Extended service. At the moment my HTPC is connected to the network using a wifi connection, I'm hoping a wired connection will resolve my problem.

Last edited:

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Dear Oxan,

I hope you can help me.

Yesterday I have a problem whis "WebMediaPortal 0.5.3" after the installation from "MP Extended" and "WebMediaPortal" I got a error.

When I try to open "WebMediaPortal" whis

http://localhost:8080

I got a "Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) error" (see: WebMP-fehler.jpg) unfortunately I had not found a workaround to fix the problem.

Do you have a advice how I can fix the problem.

My System is:
    Windows 8 Core(x64); MP extended 0.53; WebMediaPortal 0.53 whis MediaPortal 1.30

My old MediaCenter whis Windows 7 home (x64); MP 123; MP extended 0.53; WebMediaPortal 0.53.; IIS 7.5,Wifi 0.71 had no the problem whis WebMediaPortal 0.53 and IIS 7.5

thank you for your help

Musikliebhaber

I got that excact error when upgrading to windows 8... Thought it was a rights issue, but it turned out that the folder in \windows\.net\whatever was missing... i simply created that folder and then it worked :)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is anyone able to stream 1080i live tv smoothly to a windows machine (using any Flash profile available)? I can watch any SD and 1080p HD file just fine, and also SD livetv... but 1080i channels stutters badly (the effect would be as low fps I would say)... deinterlacing problems may be? I discard performance problems in either server or client machines. Server doesn't reach 100% at all, and I've tested in 2 different laptops as clients.

Thanks a lot.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Is anyone able to stream 1080i live tv smoothly to a windows machine (using any Flash profile available)? I can watch any SD and 1080p HD file just fine, and also SD livetv... but 1080i channels stutters badly (the effect would be as low fps I would say)... deinterlacing problems may be? I discard performance problems in either server or client machines. Server doesn't reach 100% at all, and I've tested in 2 different laptops as clients.

Thanks a lot.

I was going to ask the excact same... I thought it was a CPU issue on server, but just got a haswell i7 4770, so that shouldn't be the case anymore...

To elaborate: In webmediaportal, streaming SD channels works perfectly on any flash profile, however 1080i channels are horribly choppy :( Ampdroid on the other hand works perfectly with 1080i in any quality.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I was going to ask the excact same... I thought it was a CPU issue on server, but just got a haswell i7 4770, so that shouldn't be the case anymore...

To elaborate: In webmediaportal, streaming SD channels works perfectly on any flash profile, however 1080i channels are horribly choppy :( Ampdroid on the other hand works perfectly with 1080i in any quality.

I can confirm that in aMPDroid works ok, but there you have another profiles available (especially HTTP Direct Streaming works very well in general). I'm sure Flash is our problem.

What about HTML5 Oxan? Is it even possible with windows inside Webmediaportal?

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    I a semi-solution to streaming 1080i channels to another PC... It involves installing Bluestacks Android emulator and installing Ampdroid & MXplayer on Bluestacks... It is a bit cluncky, but it works :) I can go into details when i have time, if anyone is interested :)

Oh yeah it also appears to work better if you change to the encoding profiles to "ultrafast" on the mq->HQ profiles in streamingprofiles.xml ;)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Oh yeah it also appears to work better if you change to the encoding profiles to "ultrafast" on the mq->HQ profiles in streamingprofiles.xml ;)
    It didn't help here... :(

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed all 3 things in order (IIS Express 7.5, MPExtended, WebMediaPortal) and then added a user account and chose a port. I then made sure that port was open in the Windows Firewall and I can access the URLs on the troubleshooting page. However, when I access WebMediaPortal via http://192.168.1.99:8585/, even from the local machine, I just get a "Not Found - HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found." message.

Any ideas? Do I need to restart after installing or something (not trivial as it's a server)? This is a TV-Server only installation, there is no client installed on this server.

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    did you turn on HTTPS or anything like that? Also... include your logs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom