[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (5 Viewers)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Just installed MPExtened and WebMediaPortal 0.5.4. Amazing!

I've got just a little issue: on the web interface, defaults skin, settings screen: I would like to choose another default TV group. Whenever I click the change button I'm reverted back to the logon screen, where after logging on again, no change to settings have been saved. (When doing a mouse over on the save button the link shown is http://ipaddress:8080/settings)
Does changing other settings work? It'd also be useful if you could post your logs.

Hi Oxan,
Sorry for late reply. It seems I only have the problem when I'm using windows IE on windows 7 and windows 8.It doesn't work with any setting on the web based settings page.
I don't have the issue when using my android phone and browsing with google browser.
Did not test with other browser on the windows platform.

Last edited:

SPV4U2

August 27, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I intend to complete a migration from MCE to Mediaportal and I'm glad to see that the Web Interface has come along. I have a few questions if you could be so kind to answer.

I have read loads of pages regarding encoding but I wondered if there was a setting I could change to change the default time until a stream is killed. The reason I ask this is because if I start a stream it defaults to direct (settings had HTTP stream medium set but this is not an option when viewing with my laptop) this then uses about 40% CPU I then change the player to flash Medium and then this takes another 40% CPU, the streams take about 2 minutes to die after stopping or navigating away.

Is it a possibility to see a status tab of streams that are running and then kill them from the web interface?

I see deleting recordings is coming in 0.6 which is great.

I am running 0.5.4 and can confirm that everything is working well for me on Win8 (If I was building a new machine I might as well build it Win 8) using the install process.

Is there any update on music being viewed by Album instead of artists?

I used to use remote potato on MCE and the streaming was really efficient, he has discontinued the project and made his code opensource so there might be some tips there on how he was streaming as he had resume where you stopped and seeking enabled (https://github.com/carlospuk/remotepotato)

Think that is it for now :) keep up the good work.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a question. It is not possible to seek in a Video ? So you can't jump to a position in the video. You do not see the current position of the video. Why isn't it possible ?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    498.8 KB
Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK. Here is my Service Log
    Please post your full logs, including WebMediaPortal.log.

I have read loads of pages regarding encoding but I wondered if there was a setting I could change to change the default time until a stream is killed. The reason I ask this is because if I start a stream it defaults to direct (settings had HTTP stream medium set but this is not an option when viewing with my laptop) this then uses about 40% CPU I then change the player to flash Medium and then this takes another 40% CPU, the streams take about 2 minutes to die after stopping or navigating away.
    If you change the streaming mode to "Proxied" on the settings page, all streams should stop automatically (even with the Direct profile).

Is it a possibility to see a status tab of streams that are running and then kill them from the web interface?
    Not from the web interface, but it's possible in the configurator.

Is there any update on music being viewed by Album instead of artists?
    That has been added to 0.6 (sorry, forgot who to give credit for that - it wasn't me).

I have a question. It is not possible to seek in a Video ? So you can't jump to a position in the video. You do not see the current position of the video. Why isn't it possible ?
    With the Flash profiles, this should be possible. WIth the Direct profile this should be supported in 0.6.

Tiggel

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there, I have a rather small problem but maybe someone knows how to fix it.
    I'm using webmediaportal to view my recordings via an iPad and I'm handling the standby behaviour of my PC running MediaPortal via LightsOut. I configured LightsOut that it does not put the PC to sleep as long as someone uses the network shares and as long as the network traffic is greater than 20kb/s.
    Problem: When I watch my recordings (the files are in a shared folder), LightsOut does not recognize that someone uses these shared files. I thought I could solve this by watching the network traffic but as soon as the recording is completely buffered the network traffic is lower than 20kb/s(I tried >5kb/s and it is still lower than that).
    Does someone use the same configuration and knows how to fix it? Maybe there is a process that starts, when streaming the file?

Thanks,
    Tiggel

Tiggel

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, coming to the bigger problem now...I'm having some issues when I watch the recorded .ts-Files with my iPad. As long as I won't do anything it works fine, but when I pause the playback or try to skip the ads (video is buffered 20-30mins. so that should not be a problem) the playback stops at some time. It does not stop immediatly, but a few minutes later the buffer disappears and the iPad says it's LIVE and pauses playback, it won't play after that, even if I wait for minutes. The only thing that helps is to restart player (http player), which is quite painful because I can't skip a few minutes without crashing the playback...
    I've uploaded my logfiles, the problem occured for example yesterday at about ~21.40

Thanks a lot,
    Tiggel

*UPDATE: Don't have any problems with another PC (with Flashplayer). Even outside my network it is no problem to skip 10, 20, 30 Minutes or more. Seems to be an iPad / http-Player problem.

Last edited:

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi I'm getting an issue using ampdroid and only with trying to stream from the tv server. Streaming from my media library is working perfectly. It was working without issue but has recently started timing out. WebMP is working as it should.

Process is open ampdroid, connect to epg and can see full tv guide, select tv program to stream .. timeout. I can see the timeout error in the logs and if this issue needs to be moved to the ampdroid forum let me know.

If its relevant I just migrated my server to windows 8.1 RTM and i am using 1.5. Please see attached logs.

Last edited:

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi I'm getting an issue using ampdroid and only with trying to stream from the tv server. Streaming from my media library is working perfectly. It was working without issue but has recently started timing out. WebMP is working as it should.

Process is open ampdroid, connect to epg and can see full tv guide, select tv program to stream .. timeout. I can see the timeout error in the logs and if this issue needs to be moved to the ampdroid forum let me know.

If its relevant I just migrated my server to windows 8.1 RTM and i am using 1.5. Please see attached logs.

This was the issue. I was seeing the problem while also being connected to my vpn on the server. I changed the bind order to ensure the local adapter was 1st in the list within windows itself and now I no longer have a problem. I followed this guide from a msdn blog (It was for a similar issue with sql server..):

Local Area Connection*8 has a GUID value of {4DB91193-72F1-4713-A938-EB73F27CFEC8} but we are not sure to which network adapter it corresponds to.

To find out to which network adapter Local Area Connection *8 correspond to run the following command to list the NIC configuration:

"wmic nicconfig get description, SettingID > C:\nicconfig.txt"

From the NIC configuration it shows that GUID value {4DB91193-72F1-4713-A938-EB73F27CFEC8} which is for Local Area Connection*8 from detail.txt corresponds to Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter

<Nicconfig.txt>
    HP NC380T PCIe DP Multifunc Gig Server Adapter {52AEDCB0-9E8E-4243-9D5D-ED86E602DF23}
    HP NC380T PCIe DP Multifunc Gig Server Adapter #2 {5AC63784-8088-40F7-93C8-37F9CD03D445}
    WAN Miniport (IP) {7F583D1B-4203-4AD0-A6A0-4BD007D21735}
    HP Network Team #1 {0BF4D354-E6E9-480C-91CF-DC598282C4C1}
    Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter {4DB91193-72F1-4713-A938-EB73F27CFEC8}
    RAS Async Adapter {7C264673-3322-4312-AE60-D09B4E71E368}
    HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter {C6CEC36A-3D03-4C32-ACD0-2DB2851A841D}
    HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter {5C3D2BA3-B15C-4FBB-A093-B42C80C39B81}
    </Nicconfig.txt>

When "IsDomainNetworkTopOfBindings" rule is run by the sql server 2008 setup, it queries registry using WMI and gets the results from the following registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Linkage\<Bind>

So we can check the Bind order in registry as shown

<Bind>
    \Device\{4DB91193-72F1-4713-A938-EB73F27CFEC8} : Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter
    \Device\{0BF4D354-E6E9-480C-91CF-DC598282C4C1} : HP Network Team #1
    \Device\{5AC63784-8088-40F7-93C8-37F9CD03D445} : HP NC380T PCIe DP Multifunc Gig Server Adapter #2
    \Device\{52AEDCB0-9E8E-4243-9D5D-ED86E602DF23} : HP NC380T PCIe DP Multifunc Gig Server Adapter #2
    </Bind>

To avoid the above warning message we need to change the Bind Order and reorganize it in a way that domain bound network is top in the list. Domain bound network can be found from detail.txt
    NetworkBindingFacet: Network: 'Production Team' Device: '\Device\{0BF4D354-E6E9-480C-91CF-DC598282C4C1}' Domain: 'contoso.com' Adapter Id: '{0BF4D354-E6E9-480C-91CF-DC598282C4C1}'

Once the binding order is changed we need to run the installation and the warning will not be reported.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom