[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Such as?

The whole point of those links is that you can test whether the connection works, not to return any information. (Well, actually it returns quite some information about the service, but nothing human-readable).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just expected them to display some sort of webpage. Doesn't matter anyway, it's working great.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Oxan!
    I must say that do enjoy your work on both this and the web part.
    Since I'm not a coder in any way, this might be a bit of a "stupid" question, but anyway :)
    Would it be possible to make it in such a way that MPExtended is installed on both the TV Server and a client, and then have the client take care of of the encoding of the streams by using the service on the TV Server to get access to the streams?
    So that I connect my device to the MPExtended service on the client, which in turn connects to the MPExtended on the TV Server and stream the source to the client which in turn make the encoding and provides it to the device i have connected, in my case aMPdroid?
    In this setup (if possible) i would not have the need to build 2 very powerful boxes to do the encoding. In this way a question from the Webpart forum would be possible to solve as well.

As i said, i have no idea if this is possible, so hence my wonder about it.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's on our todo list indeed, but probably not before 0.6 or 0.7.

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi Oxan
    First of all, big thx for mpextended. I started to use it today in connection with ampdroid on my HTC evo 3d after some time when I was using older version with Yours gma. I have a question, isthis possible to change encoding of subtitles from srt file to support national character as I have some problems with that. the rest works great.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Oxan
    First of all, big thx for mpextended. I started to use it today in connection with ampdroid on my HTC evo 3d after some time when I was using older version with Yours gma. I have a question, isthis possible to change encoding of subtitles from srt file to support national character as I have some problems with that. the rest works great.
    No, not at the moment. Do the subtitles show correctly when playing the file manually in VLC?

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    ok, they have to be in utf-8 to show properly, in this coding all is working fine.

1 more problem. All the time after stoping of streaming on Ampdroid I still have on my single seat pc process left MPExtended.Libraries.VLCWrapper which takes 100% of cpu, sometimes in more than 1 instance. I have to kill it manually on task manager. What is wrong?

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello..

dunno if someone already was talking bout here, but i had a few issues with MPE and ampdroid, wich was caused due to misconfiguration (see sig for my configuration)...

so please make sure, that within the install process the REG_MULTI_SZ "DependOnService" = "TVService" for the MPExtended-Service will be wirtten properly to the registry... or alternatively try to figure out, why it won't be, if it is already intended to be written..

thanks, thanks a lot for your work at all and regards
    resa

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.