[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

praaklehm

June 29, 2012
Home Country
Libya Libya
i dont get it what this is... i've installed the mpextended and ampdroid, but what next? the phone says a connection couldnt be established and pc log says "could not find MediaPortal client installation path key in registry"?? (i deleted the default admin account and made a new one - and i used the singleseat installation option).

do i have to install mediaportal or webmediaportal too?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i dont get it what this is... i've installed the mpextended and ampdroid, but what next? the phone says a connection couldnt be established and pc log says "could not find MediaPortal client installation path key in registry"?? (i deleted the default admin account and made a new one - and i used the singleseat installation option).

do i have to install mediaportal or webmediaportal too?
    It depends on what you want to use it for. In general, yes, you need to have either the TV Service or MediaPortal installed. But please post your full logs if you need any help.

Last edited:

praaklehm

June 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Libya Libya
    what do those options give me? did i have to use the "server" option during the installation?
    i've got xp x64...

MaxRj15

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2011
    Hey guys,
    i would install mpextend. Aftert i started the msi he sad that i musst install net framework 4.0 and a other programm.

I did that and installed mpextend.

After that i would start apextend but it cames thie error:

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger.
    A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe)
    and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services

I dont know what i can do to fix this problem. Anybody can help me?

Thank you !

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    what do those options give me? did i have to use the "server" option during the installation?
    i've got xp x64...
    The Server option gives you only the TV-related part of MPExtended, the Client gives options gives you the Media-related part (movies, music, etc) and the singleseat option gives you both.

In any case, you need to have a working MediaPortal setup to use MPExtended... do you have that?

Hey guys,
    i would install mpextend. Aftert i started the msi he sad that i musst install net framework 4.0 and a other programm.

I did that and installed mpextend.

After that i would start apextend but it cames thie error:

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger.
    A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe)
    and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services

I dont know what i can do to fix this problem. Anybody can help me?

Thank you !
    You shouldn't need to start MPExtended yourself, it installs itself as a service which starts automatically.

MaxRj15

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2011
    Ok i have installed the service programm.

I made me a account with a password and scanned the QR Code with my Android phone (ampdroid)
    Then i gived my logging data in, but i can´t connecting my android phone with w-lan to my htpc.

I don´t know whats the problem, the server status from the mpexpert server is started and I restarted the server also.

The only thing what i can imagine is that the router ore my firewall blocks the conncetion. Can be that the problem?

Have somebody and idea what´s my problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Probably a firewall problem indeed. Have you tried turning it off?

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm trying to set up a TV server + MPExtended, to stream live TV to a client PC.

Installed MP TV Server and MPExtended Service (Server) on the server PC. How do i connect MPExtended to the TV Server? This should be done in the Configurator's tab "Plugins", right? This Tab isn't shown on my installation. What's my mistake?

The only thing that comes to mind is, that MP is installed using MySQL 5, not MSSQL. Could this be the problem? Haven't had time to try with MSSQL yet.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended should automatically connect to your TVServer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom