[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay, I will look what the CPU usage is soon when streaming.. But it did work perfectly about a month ago!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe you (accidentally) switched the default profile from Ultra LQ to LQ or from LQ to HQ?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, that certainly is not the problem. I remember now, my father did watch TV about 3 days ago on his phone, probably on LQ, so it did work for him... Tomorrow I will look into this.

By the way, HQ did also work perfectly and I don't remember the CPU really had problems with it. I don't think it's a CPU problem (AMD Athlon II X2 240)

edit:
    I just tried to stream a movie over the network with WebMP, works perfectly. Only the HQ stops after a few seconds, but when I press play again, it starts over and stops at a later time. Every time it goes on longer. I think that is a buffering problem :) edit2: Hmm network usage is 0.13% when streaming HQ.. We have a gigabit network over here.. So.. the CPU may not be fast enough to convert the video (high profile 1080p mkv)..?

Tomorrow I'm going to test aMPdroid streaming again.

edit: Or maybe some other day.. Don't have much time now :(

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am testing it right now and strangely enough, it just works. ffmpeg LQ, but also HQ works great on SD and HD movies.

So, I don't know what the problem was that day..

What I see is that ffmpeg always takes about 95% CPU, even with LQ streaming.. Is that normal?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am testing it right now and strangely enough, it just works. ffmpeg LQ, but also HQ works great on SD and HD movies.

So, I don't know what the problem was that day..

What I see is that ffmpeg always takes about 95% CPU, even with LQ streaming.. Is that normal?
    Unfortunately it is... It always transcodes as fast as possible, which results in it being done earlier instead of using less CPU. This isn't really efficient (for example if you cancel the movie), but I haven't found a way to change this yet.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've installed IIS Express and MPExtended Service but when I click on the links under Troubleshooting, it opens them in IE9 and asks for my authentication details, but then asks me if I want to Open or Save GetServiceDescription.

Also, is the WiFi Remote plugin needed and if so, what does it do?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've installed IIS Express and MPExtended Service but when I click on the links under Troubleshooting, it opens them in IE9 and asks for my authentication details, but then asks me if I want to Open or Save GetServiceDescription.
    The links under troubleshooting are for the service, not for WebMediaPortal. You can access WebMediaPortal with http://localhost:8080/ (like explained in the installation guide!).

Also, is the WiFi Remote plugin needed and if so, what does it do?
    You need it to use aMPdroid or CouchPotato as a remote control. It's not needed for WebMediaPortal itself.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    The links under troubleshooting are for the service, not for WebMediaPortal. You can access WebMediaPortal with http://localhost:8080/ (like explained in the installation guide!).

You need it to use aMPdroid or CouchPotato as a remote control. It's not needed for WebMediaPortal itself.

Thanks. I'll disable that then as I don't need it.

WebMediaPortal's working fine on http://localhost:8080/ I was just wondering why the troubleshooting links don't seem to work. Guess it doesn't really matter though.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If they offer you to open a GetServiceDescription file, they _do_ work.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Fair enough, I thought they'd do something more useful ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom