[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Ok, inspired by another thread i sort of got tv streaming working. I apparantly have to go to mpextended config and stop the service and start the service after each reboot.

However the 4:3 aspect are not quite good for me. Especially on the phone (see screenshot). This was much better in 0.4.1, and i cannot figure out how to fix it via .xml files :/

(the screenshot is of "full screen" on my phone)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-26-16-11-37.png
      Screenshot_2012-01-26-16-11-37.png
      350.2 KB

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Ok, inspired by another thread i sort of got tv streaming working. I apparantly have to go to mpextended config and stop the service and start the service after each reboot.

However the 4:3 aspect are not quite good for me. Especially on the phone (see screenshot). This was much better in 0.4.1, and i cannot figure out how to fix it via .xml files :/

Eek. The HD channels are even worse (screenshot below is supposed to be full screen 16:9)

Also it seems to only use my tuner #1. Making it impossible to watch something on the server and something else on a tablet/phone/remote pc. I'm "fairly" sure it worked with both tuners in 0.4.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-26-16-37-40.png
      Screenshot_2012-01-26-16-37-40.png
      462.8 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Okay now I had a solution for the main problems. I did a new fresh install of the Service and WebMediaportal. Now the most thinks works, now.
    Great!

On my ServerPC (it has installed the Mediaportal Client, too) works the most stuff. Only Music section don't work, and I get this Error "Some kind of disk I/O error occurred disk I/O error"
    This is an error from SQLite. It probably means that your music database is corrupt or your harddisk is dying.

-Music: I see the Artists > I see the albums > I see the tracks > click on a track shows this error Fehler beim Lesen aus der Pipe: Die Pipe wurde beendet.
    I really can't reproduce this... do you mind sending me your MusicDatabaseV12.db3 file by PM?

-MovingPictures: I see the movies > Play Button open the FlashPlayer >I get this error message : Video not found or access denied...

-TvSeries: the same that happened with MovingPictures
    This seems to happen because it doesn't have access to the file but I've to investigate it a bit more to be sure.

TvGuide: I don't see the TV Logos, but streaming works
    I should be able to fix this for next release with your logs. I see a few other problems there too, I'll look at them.

Obviously my post yesterday didn't make it acros the internets. So rinse & repeat:
    Well, it did, you just posted in the other thread where I also already answered your first 4 points.

1. Streaming to iDevices, is it on the roadmap?
    We would like to, but it isn't easy and mainly depends on the development of html5 browser
    Not true. We simply have to pipe the output of the transcoder through an HTTP Live Streaming segmenter (such as ffmpeg 0.9 or VLC 1.2). The code is mostly already in place but since none of us have an iOS device it isn't tested.

5. See Active Recordings / see what the cards are doing (iPiMP)
    Added to roadmap for 0.5.
    6. Music Album View?
    Already implemented by DieBagger for 0.5
    7. Maybe increase the buttons in size a bit, make them more thumb friendly.
    Which buttons do you mean?
    8. Music Artists: I guess it shows all Artists and then filters to Album Artist to show Albums, that fails quite a few times as I have a lot of Artists for whom I don't have a whole album (compilations). They don't show, so I get an empty Album list for an artist. Could you either show the Albums by participating Artist (not Album Artist) or only show Artists that appear as AlbumArtist?
    The whole distinction between album artist and artist is a mess. The MediaPortal database doesn't handle this well either. I'll look into it later.

But when i try to play a movie or recorded show, it is like 10 frames, then 5 seconds wait, 10 more frames, and so on.
    VERY bad stuttering, even in LQ.
    A look into the task manager offered that a library (MPEx....VLC.... something) was taking 90% and more of CPU load.
    Yeah, that are usually symptoms of a too weak CPU, which the E-350 really is. We can't use hardware acceleration unfortunately. In the next version a transcoding profile which requires less CPU and bandwidth (at the cost of performance) will be added, and farther into the future we'll try to add one that doesn't require a good CPU.

The most exciting point was to watch live TV.
    But i could not even find a button or menu to open it.
    Guess, the software realises that my hardware is not able to do it.
    No, it is possible but it's a bit hidden. Click the name of a channel in the TV Guide to open the streaming page.

I am sorry I have to report an issue, I could not resolve this myself. I try to stream music, but it fails.
    1. The Album cover is not displayed (broken image)
    2. When I play a track the following happens:
    <snip>
    Can you please export your logs from the configuration program (tab troubleshooting) and attach them here or send me them by PM?

Another little Q / R

While streaming a movie, the htpc will go to sleep. I know how to avoid this using PS++, but I think it might be better for MPExtended to send the request for the system to be available while it is streaming.
    Yeah, it's on our todo list for 0.5.

Did I miss something to install or must I configure the service in an other way? I installed iis-web-server, MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.42 Server, WebMediaPortal 0.42, Wifiremote (automatically).
    Which version of MediaPortal are you using? MPExtended requires MediaPortal 1.2
    By the way what is the difference of the two installers (iis-Version, non-iis-Version). The issue arises from lan and also from wan (over dyndns).
    The IIS version is meant for people who are using the more advanced IIS webserver and don't want to use another webserver. If you don't know the difference, you should use the normal version (non-IIS version).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was running 0.4.1 and had tv streaming working over lan. So i uninstalled 0.4.1 completely, and installed 0.4.2.

Movie/tv show streaming now works on LAN & WAN, but TV streaming immediately gives me the error in the attached screenshot. It happens on LAN, WAN, PC, Android phone, Android tablet, and even on the local pc where the server is running.
    Can you attach your logs please?

Hello,

Is it possible to change the Flashplayer Resolution ? It looks like 4:3 @ V0.4.2. In Version 0.4.1 the Screen Resolution was 16:9.
    It's supposed to be 16:9 in 0.4.2 too, but apparantly it doesn't work. Let me look at it.

You shouldn't have to. If you have to do that there is something wrong in your startup routine of the TV Engine.

Are you using WebMediaPortal or aMPdroid?

Also it seems to only use my tuner #1. Making it impossible to watch something on the server and something else on a tablet/phone/remote pc. I'm "fairly" sure it worked with both tuners in 0.4.1.
    I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed in 0.4.2. Anyway, to solve all of your issues I would need your logs.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    I'm using webmediaportal. ampdroid seems to have serious issues with ICS (which i have on my xoom and galaxy nexus).

Logs are attached.

Also i donated a modest amount for your excellent work and quick support :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Oxan, will you buy an iDevice if you get enough donations?:rolleyes:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using webmediaportal. ampdroid seems to have serious issues with ICS (which i have on my xoom and galaxy nexus).

Logs are attached.

Also i donated a modest amount for your excellent work and quick support :)

Send DieBagger a PM, asking for the newest test release of aMPdroid. He did a bunch of tweaks to aMPdroid for better ICS performance.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Obviously my post yesterday didn't make it acros the internets. So rinse & repeat:

Thank you for MPExtended & WebMediaPortal, it is a great way step forward for MP. I initially wanted MP Extended for EVE, but I see the great benefits of WebMP as well. A few questions / improvement ideas are there:

WebMP
    1. Streaming to iDevices, is it on the roadmap?

Wont CouchPotato handle this?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Did I miss something to install or must I configure the service in an other way? I installed iis-web-server, MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.42 Server, WebMediaPortal 0.42, Wifiremote (automatically).
    Which version of MediaPortal are you using? MPExtended requires MediaPortal 1.2

MP 1.2.2 is running on my HTPC

eagle

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom