[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Great work so far! I've been playing around with this because ampdroid doesn't work for me any longer on the galaxyS2 with ICS. I thought the new version might have a better chance (haven't got that far yet).

I installed the IIS standalone version and had an issue with the firewall on Win2008R2. I had to create a rule to allow the port even though your installer had specified, correctly, the executable and allowed access. No idea why but this does pop up a bit in R2 for other applications too.

That done I went about testing the streaming. The thing's running an i7 and it struggles to stream HD mkv on the fly in HQ. The answer, then, for intranets would be the VLC direct streaming. Here's where I ran into the one problem I could not solve. Sorry if I've missed it but I've done a fair bit of reading here and your doco and couldn't see a solution. When I attempt to stream mkv's directly to the VLC web plugin I get nothing. I can see the data coming through (100MB/s so it's just stuffing the whole file through at once) but the player does nothing. It plays other formats (avi, mp4, live TV) just fine. mkv is the only problem. Is this normal or it in an error somewhere on my system?

I can't see myself using this feature (wouldn't stream direct over the internet and would just access the file on the lan) but I don't like knowing it's not working. ;)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds like a bug in the VLC plugin.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It could well be but I couldn't find any info on it. I was thinking it was more likely a configuration issue for me otherwise someone else would have noticed the behaviour and commented somewhere. If this is normal behaviour from the plugin then it's not really an issue for me but I'd like to confirm that first.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hear that makes me sad...... i love the webmediaportal and ampdroid and at the moment i can't activate services on my tvserver (unless i loose one of my tuners). Could it be related to a multiseat environment ?
    With services stopped i haven't any tuner hanged in the last 48......

anyway thank you for your help, i'll try to go deep in testing the next weekend.

hi, i'm still experiencing that issue (also with 0.43 ). sometimes i found one of my tuners giving always nosignal until i stop mpextended service then, without the needing of restart tvserver, the tuner come alive again. i noticed that is happening also after the server start, no need to connect to mpextend servevices.

could it be related to autodiscover system ? now i've tried to disable it hoping that resolve.

i hope to find somekind of support.

thank you

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi, i'm still experiencing that issue (also with 0.43 ). sometimes i found one of my tuners giving always nosignal until i stop mpextended service then, without the needing of restart tvserver, the tuner come alive again. i noticed that is happening also after the server start, no need to connect to mpextend servevices.
    Well, as long as I can't reproduce it and you are the only one experiencing this, I expect it's something local to your setup and nothing related to MPExtended.

could it be related to autodiscover system ? now i've tried to disable it hoping that resolve.
    I highly doubt so.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I'm trying to install MPExtended but I'm a little bit confused about the setup, before I try various things can someone please summarize where I have to install which service?

Code:
    Install MPExtended Services
    If you are using a multiseat setup, you have to install these on a different computer.
    What does that mean? I have a multiseat setup with one client and one server, do I need a third PC now?

Code:
    Install WebMediaPortal
    Finally, you can install WebMediaPortal.
    Where should I install it? On the Server, on the Client?

thanks & best regards
    Stefan

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What does that mean?
    That you need to install the service on different pcs because the required data aren't available on all pcs
    Thanks for your answer!
    What is "the required data" ? The media or the MePo databases or...?

I have all my media and the MePo databases, thumbs, etc. on my server, the client accesses it with mapped network drives. My server does not have those mapped network drives.
    So I need to install Web Media Portal on my client?...

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just install both on the server if you have all your databases there.... and ifyou have everything just put webmp on the server too

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom