[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Oxan, hello all working on that.

This is a wonderful plugin - thanks a lot so far!

I have the following issue with WebMP access:
    - LAN access by PC works
    - Ampdroid access (LAN and internet) works
    - Internet access by PC: Error 404

My countermeasures were:
    - Disable firewall and virus protection
    - check/ revision of portforwarding (Fritzbox)
    - Asking myself if I am dumb (my knowledge level for networking: experienced normal user) :confused:

Are there similar experiences, or has someone an idea WTF I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint and greetz, Fafnir

nayer_yhp

March 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Kuwait Kuwait
    Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing plugin. It finally made me able to stream my live tv to my android mobile on both LAN and WAN. However, I am not sure what I am supposed to do to stream through the internet.
    I have read the whole thread and wiki to find any clue on how to do so but with no luck.
    So I need someone to explain what I should type in the browser to get my media through the internet instead of typing http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 to stream through LAN or WAN and if there is any more setup needed to be done.
    But again thanks for this amazing plugin.

Nayer

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing plugin. It finally made me able to stream my live tv to my android mobile on both LAN and WAN. However, I am not sure what I am supposed to do to stream through the internet.
    I have read the whole thread and wiki to find any clue on how to do so but with no luck.
    So I need someone to explain what I should type in the browser to get my media through the internet instead of typing http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 to stream through LAN or WAN and if there is any more setup needed to be done.
    But again thanks for this amazing plugin.

Nayer

If you have an dynamic ip you need something like this.
    http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_dns/free_dynamic_dns.html
    And port forward 8080 in your router to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx .
    http://portforward.com/

If you have a static ip you just have to check it from your LAN with http://www.whatismyip.com/ and do a port foward of 8080 in your router to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (this will also work if you have a dynamic ip but the ip can change, and then you have to check it again.)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the following issue with WebMP access:
    - LAN access by PC works
    - Ampdroid access (LAN and internet) works
    - Internet access by PC: Error 404

Which version (0.4.1, 0.4.2 or 0.4.3) and edition (IIS, non-IIS) do you use? I think you need at least 0.4.2.

With the IIS edition (not the normal IIS Express one), you probably also need to put the domain/IP address you use somewhere, but I don't know exactly where.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have multiple clients and win7 (or vista) you can store databases and thumbnails in a central location and create sym links in the team mediaportal data directory pointing to them. I used this method to simulate a client install for the TV server and run remote mp services, like webmp, from it.

This, apparently, could cause some issues with simultaneous access but I've been running like this with 1 server and 3 clients for a year without an issue. I do have a daily backup running on the databases just in case but I haven't had to use it yet.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've just released the 0.4.3 update, with a fairly minor changelog. People who already installed the test version of this update don't have to update, it's the same version.

Download (or the IIS edition if you are using IIS).

• Add "Flash Ultra LQ" transcoder profile. Even less CPU-heavy profiles will come with 0.5.
    • Fix aspect ratio for TV streaming
    • Remove VLC fullscreen warning box (fullscreen requires VLC 1.1.11 or newer)
    • Improve log messages
    • Fix loading of album cover images

This is also the last release in the 0.4.x series. The next release will be 0.5.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for this. I don't see the new Ultra LQ show up though (settings - about - shows 0.4.3 so the files have updated). Using the IIS install.

Also, with the flash streaming, I've noticed something when looking at the bandwidth used. I'll have a read back in this thread to be sure this hasn't been raised before but I'll mention it here.

With a lot of files the Flash stream can output a lot more data than actually streaming the file directly. I have no idea how it works but is the bitrate supposed to be hardset on the flash streams? When I streamed an animated 720p show with a bitrate of about 1mbps it streamed at about 4 - 5mbps with both LQ and HQ flash settings. I notice a CPU difference (and resolution) with the LQ stream but the data output was the same. With higher bitrate files it was a bit less than the HQ but not that much. So the data output for that file was 5x higher with flash than streaming it directly.

The flash stream always seems to be about 4 - 5mbps for LQ or HQ (regardless of source file) which is about as high as any TV show you'd ever find in mkv format (movies are higher). Any idea how to get the data output down to make this suitable for the web? Currently direct streaming will usually save data. ;)

Or is there something wrong with my config somewhere?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this. I don't see the new Ultra LQ show up though (settings - about - shows 0.4.3 so the files have updated). Using the IIS install.
    Did you also update the service?

I'm going to look into the bitrate issues in detail later. You can change the transcoder settings in C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Streaming.xml; but it's quite tricky.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Did you also update the service?

Umm.. /me smacks head. I didn't realise that was dependent on the service (the profile). Makes sense now that I think about it.

I'm going to look into the bitrate issues in detail later. You can change the transcoder settings in C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Streaming.xml; but it's quite tricky.

Yes I had a quick look at and realised it wasn't simple and promptly closed it. :)

Edit: Installed Service. That did the job. That was stupid of me. The Ultra LQ doesn't look that bad and the data rate is MUCH lower than the other two. It looks better than a lot of online streams from TV networks. Nice tweaking there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom