[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayer_yhp

March 26, 2012
Home Country
Kuwait Kuwait
Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing plugin. It finally made me able to stream my live tv to my android mobile on both LAN and WAN. However, I am not sure what I am supposed to do to stream through the internet.
I have read the whole thread and wiki to find any clue on how to do so but with no luck.
So I need someone to explain what I should type in the browser to get my media through the internet instead of typing http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 to stream through LAN or WAN and if there is any more setup needed to be done.
But again thanks for this amazing plugin.

Nayer

If you have an dynamic ip you need something like this.
http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_dns/free_dynamic_dns.html
And port forward 8080 in your router to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx .
http://portforward.com/

If you have a static ip you just have to check it from your LAN with http://www.whatismyip.com/ and do a port foward of 8080 in your router to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (this will also work if you have a dynamic ip but the ip can change, and then you have to check it again.)

Thanks hegu, I will give it a try

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yesterday a buddy of mine wanted to test to watch TV and streaming, he ended up trying to watch the soccergame last night (I'm trying to get him to buy a PC and start using MediaPortal with all the cool stuff).
    He says that streaming stopped every 30 minutes, all he had to do was start it again and things ran just fine.

In the logfiles the "problem" should be logged at date: 2012:03:28 from about 19:40 or something, logfiles attached.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yesterday a buddy of mine wanted to test to watch TV and streaming, he ended up trying to watch the soccergame last night (I'm trying to get him to buy a PC and start using MediaPortal with all the cool stuff).
    He says that streaming stopped every 30 minutes, all he had to do was start it again and things ran just fine.

In the logfiles the "problem" should be logged at date: 2012:03:28 from about 19:40 or something, logfiles attached.
    Yeah we already found and fixed that issue (timeout after ~40 mins)...

It will work fine in the next 0.5 release, if you want to fix it right now you can go to:

c:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service, open MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe.config

then find 2x:

<binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="00:40:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:30:00" closeTimeout="00:01:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
    <readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"/>
    </binding>

and change it to:

<binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="10:00:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:30:00" closeTimeout="00:01:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
    </binding>

Restart the service and it should work...

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My file does not look exactly like yours, mine look like this:

Code:
    <webHttpBinding>
            <binding name="general" sendTimeout="00:15:00" transferMode="Buffered">
            </binding>
            <binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="00:40:00" openTimeout="00:40:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
            </binding>
          </webHttpBinding>

Should I still change to what you suggested?
    no I have not changed anything myself in this file, it's the one I got with 0.4.3...

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    My file does not look exactly like yours, mine look like this:

Code:
    <webHttpBinding>
            <binding name="general" sendTimeout="00:15:00" transferMode="Buffered">
            </binding>
            <binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="00:40:00" openTimeout="00:40:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
            </binding>
          </webHttpBinding>

Should I still change to what you suggested?
    no I have not changed anything myself in this file, it's the one I got with 0.4.3...
    the improtant part is that you change sendTimeout to a higher value ("10:00:00" being 10 hours) for the streaming binding.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Btw, i get greatly improved picture quality on tv streaming to ampdroid if adding "-deinterlace" to the profiles in streaming.xml in mpextended. Probaly uses more CPU though.

Example below.

Also im sure lots of stuff can be tweaked in ffmpeg settings, just haven't gotten around to it yet ;)

Code:
        <transcoder>
          <name>Android FFmpeg HQ 1024k 720x576</name>
          <description>Best-quality Android profile based on ffmpeg</description>
          <bandwidth>1400</bandwidth>
          <target>android</target>
          <transport>http</transport>
          <maxOutputWidth>720</maxOutputWidth>
          <maxOutputHeight>576</maxOutputHeight>
          <mime>video/MP2T</mime>
          <videoStream>true</videoStream>
          <transcoderConfiguration implementation="MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg">
            <codecParameters>-codec:v libx264 -b:v 1024k -profile:v baseline -deinterlace -preset:v fast -coder rle -codec:a aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 -strict experimental -async 1 -sn -f mpegts</codecParameters>
          </transcoderConfiguration>
        </transcoder>

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the following issue with WebMP access:
    - LAN access by PC works
    - Ampdroid access (LAN and internet) works
    - Internet access by PC: Error 404

Which version (0.4.1, 0.4.2 or 0.4.3) and edition (IIS, non-IIS) do you use? I think you need at least 0.4.2.

With the IIS edition (not the normal IIS Express one), you probably also need to put the domain/IP address you use somewhere, but I don't know exactly where.
    Hello Oxan,

thanks for your reply and sorry for not providing those information:
    I just changed to 0.4.3 stand alone version.

Apologies for the false alarm: For any reason I had to make a new exception in my Windows firewall...
    Everything works very, very fine now! Perfect application. Thank you.

Fafnir

insan3

Portal Member
    May 25, 2009
    Maybe i am overlooking something but I can't get streaming to work. I have installed the MPExtended on my tv server and the webmediaportal on the same computer.
    I can stream on the tvserver itself but on other devices i cannot, "video not found or access denied: /stream/recording?item=30&transcoder=Flash%20HQ"

I think it is because in the settings>Configure service url's the settings keeps reverting into auto://127.0.0.1:4322. I Can't save any settings in the webinterface, they keep returing to default after one click :(

update:
    I have installed it on my dedicated webserver (IIS 7.5) and now i get this error.
    Server Error in '/TVserver' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 15: <assemblies>
    Line 16: <add assembly="System.Web.Abstractions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 17: <add assembly="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> Line 18: <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 19: <add assembly="System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Source File: E:\MPwebint\WebMediaPortal\www\web.config Line: 17

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom