[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, did the restore.:(

all working: ampdroid, webmediaportal. (y)

3 updates installed (.net4 / win7 savety / didnt remember), edit 2 links for basic home in streamedmp. after a restart windows7 the same error occurs again.(n)

so, next one step by step. i will edit this post when i know on which step it stopped to work.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not only have issues with WebMediaPortal and MediaPortal but I had massive problems on 2 out of 4 machines with .NET-Service- and MySQL-dependant services, such as the IIS, the WSUS and some other stuff. I also did not knowingly change anything but Windows Updates on my Server (WHS2011). Also, logins to mySQL-Databases thru system accounts such as MSSQL suddenly failed with no obvious reason...
    After trying different things (including going back to a restore point) I took the opportunity to spend a week with reinstalling all of my machines, including the server. Everything back to normal now, but I never found out what caused the .net errors and failing database connections....maybe related to the .net update you mentioned above in specific system constellations?!
    And now I'll be waiting for WMP 0.5 to be published :)

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i did restore a basic win7 now and install iis and net4 incl. all updates before the mediaportal installation. i think, an update of an of this 2 components is the terrorist...

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, i give up! (n):cry:

I did a fresh install of win7x64 again, all windows updates and install all necessary files (iis, net4, ..) and some plugins for mp. there is nothing i didnt have before (the time, mp is working fine and i have no probs with streaming..). after all, i did install mpextended and webmediaportal. i open ampdroid and the error message come again :barefoot: i did open webmediaportal and want to start a livetv stream, again no permission or file not found.

so, my only hope is some more ppls get this problems and it will give a patch for whatever this prob is.. :unsure:

Attached all logs from mpextended, so if someone will have look into.

EDIT:::::: NEVERMIND, i find the terrorist!!!!

I have the microsoft security essentials installed and a while without any problems. but it seems, with one the last updates the prob began..

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like MSE blocks access to the MySQL service starting with some update. I bet that's a bug in MSE, but it's a bit strange that MP does work.

randomman

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm assuming I've having the same issue as above as I also have MSE installed - I have however turned off real-time scanning. Series and Movies work but not TV. I've done a local check on my HTPC and it comes back with:

{"ApiVersion":2,"HasConnectionToTVServer":false,"ServiceVersion":"0.4.3"}
    I've ended the MSE tasks and stopped the process but I'm still getting the same result.

I'm thinking it is as before I restarted the PC it was showing TV service information. Now AMPdroid is not working either.

EDIT: MSE update has come through which has resolved the issue. :)

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great addon this Webmediaportal ! Series, Movies and TV work like charms over WAN. I only have problem when trying to share Music. I don't see anything in the webGUI.

Can you provide some helps.

thanks!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you use the music database or shares view? Can you post your logs?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    music database.... folders shared in mpconfiguration wich log you need ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom