[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's allright, I had to push the button "update database from selected shares" in MPconfig/music database section. Now I can see my Music in the webGUI of WebMP.

thanks guys.

bullrin

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I couldn't find anything in the wiki about connecting to webmediaportal from another pc of the network or outside the network. Is there a tutorial?

If i try to reach the webmediaportal from another desktop in the same network with ip:8080 there is an alert that the page couldn't be loaded.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I couldn't find anything in the wiki about connecting to webmediaportal from another pc of the network or outside the network. Is there a tutorial?

If i try to reach the webmediaportal from another desktop in the same network with ip:8080 there is an alert that the page couldn't be loaded.
    Probably a firewall problem.

bullrin

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Probably a firewall problem.

you were right, thanks.

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I started setting up WebMediaPortal a few weeks back and got called away to something else... Thing is, I'd changed the Admin password and now I've no idea what it is. Goodness knows whether I created any other accounts. Is there any way I can reset it?

Yes, I know, n00b error!:whistle:

sbir

Portal Member
    January 12, 2010
    I started setting up WebMediaPortal a few weeks back and got called away to something else... Thing is, I'd changed the Admin password and now I've no idea what it is. Goodness knows whether I created any other accounts. Is there any way I can reset it?

Yes, I know, n00b error!:whistle:

Try locating Services.xml (Can't remember exactly where it is) and change the password node (<password></password>) to:

Code:
    <password>VF4iJh8Ccd//JDuWSygi/A==</password>

save the file and try to login with the password: admin

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks sbir. Thats the MPExtended password, but you have pointed me in the right direction.

Just delete WebMediaPortalUsers.xml and run the Repair function of the installer. (y)

RHui_BC

July 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi all, new here, love what mediaportal has to offer. but just curious if there is a way to enter schedule manual recordings via start time/end time/date from the webgui?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom