[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

I'm confused, this is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. What is the difference between MPextenderservice 0.4.1 and MPextended WebMediaportal 0.4.1?

I am running Mediaportal v.1.22 in a multiseat (although my server is also running as a MPclient). I have 4 lokal PC's running MP client. My aim is to watch tv from my server all over the world using a browser like Firefox, Iexplorer also to my android phone (I know there is a problem with ver. 0.4.1 for running outside my local LAN , and this will be fixed in the next release).

Should I install MPextended service on my server and MPextended WebMediaportal on my PC clients that want to watch live TV using Firefox?(what about android clients)?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I would install it on just the server (but install both the server and client parts of MPExtended), then you will be able to do everything you want (as the plugin develops to its full capability).

From what I understand, MPExtendedservice is the service that sits in the background and MPextended WebMediaPortal is the web interface that you (as a user) will access from anywhere on the network/internet using your web browser.

Robbo100

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I'm confused, this is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. What is the difference between MPextenderservice 0.4.1 and MPextended WebMediaportal 0.4.1?

I am running Mediaportal v.1.22 in a multiseat (although my server is also running as a MPclient). I have 4 lokal PC's running MP client. My aim is to watch tv from my server all over the world using a browser like Firefox, Iexplorer also to my android phone (I know there is a problem with ver. 0.4.1 for running outside my local LAN , and this will be fixed in the next release).

Should I install MPextended service on my server and MPextended WebMediaportal on my PC clients that want to watch live TV using Firefox?(what about android clients)?

Here is how it works as I see it:

mpe.png

You want MP-E and WebMP to be on the server IMO.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

mpe.png

Nice Picture:eek:, but in my opinion not quite correct. Because the WebMediapoirtal is not enough. You need a Browser this should be added to the picture :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

mpe.png

Nice Picture:eek:, but in my opinion not quite correct. Because the WebMediapoirtal is not enough. You need a Browser this should be added to the picture :)

fixed

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

OK If I understand correctly I should do this:
    Install net.4 framework and IIS express (from Microsoft on my server)
    Install MPextender (from OXAN on my server) also MPextenderWebMediaPortal?
    Install MPextenderWebMediaPortal (use Webrowser) on my Windows clients and Install AMPdroid v. 1 on my android phone or tablet.

Is this correct?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country

OK If I understand correctly I should do this:
    Install net.4 framework and IIS express (from Microsoft on my server)
    Install MPextender (from OXAN on my server) also MPextenderWebMediaPortal?
    Install MPextenderWebMediaPortal (use Webrowser) on my Windows clients and Install AMPdroid v. 1 on my android phone or tablet.

Is this correct?

For the most part yes.

You will need to have an install of MP on that server as well, as MP-E can not read an MP install on another PC.

I have 5 MP clients running off one server. My server has MP TV server installed and I put a full copy on MP on it so that MP-E can read it. Once a week I boot MP on that server PC to run media importing for my movies, tv and music videos. If I did not run that importing then my webMP and aMPdroid media would stay the same as it reads the MP info fromt hat server that hardly ever actually runs MP.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

My server also has MP (client installed on it). The server is located in my living room attached to my TV (HDMI) so the MP Client is used daily as my Living room TV. I use a script to reboot this PC every night, I also use WebEPG every night to update EPG to my TV chanels.

Thanks for your answers, cannot perform an installation to test MPextender because my wife is watching TV.
    I'll get back to you with the results :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hi,
    do i have to forward an other port as 8080 to access from internet?
    in local lan it works, but from internet i do not get a connection.
    portforwarding is ok. the other services like 4322 and 8017 for wifiremote work well

thx
    Only 8080 should be enough... Might be a firewall blocking access from outside the local LAN.

very interesting work :) i'd love to access mp server from webui :)

all seems working except when i try to access the tvguide i got this error
    <snip>
    thank you for any help
    Can you check if this issue is still present with 0.4.1? There were some fixes related to this in 0.4.1.

My server also has MP (client installed on it). The server is located in my living room attached to my TV (HDMI) so the MP Client is used daily as my Living room TV. I use a script to reboot this PC every night, I also use WebEPG every night to update EPG to my TV chanels.

Thanks for your answers, cannot perform an installation to test MPextender because my wife is watching TV.
    I'll get back to you with the results :)

In that case you should just install everything (Service and WebMediaPortal) on the server. You don't have to install anything (except Flash, but that's almost always already available) on the PCs you want to watch TV/movies with.

Installed the IIS version as my tvserver is installed on a WHS 2011. Getting the following error after logging on:
    <snip>

If it maters:
    I have not installed the full ASP.NET MVC3 package linked from the wiki but extracted an ran aspnetwebpages.msi and aspnetmvc3.msi on their own.

Update: Copied the defaultconfig folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal to the .NET tempfolder in the errormessage. Then it works. Saving settings dont seem to work though.
    Hmm, this is a bit weird. I'll send you a PM over the following days with a debug script to give me some more information.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

when opening tv I get this message (even if I turn off windows firewall) :

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom