Updated AIW card support (1 Viewer)

RogueLegend

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just as an addendum to the last post, I just tried deleting and re-adding the capture card. When I click on Add, it gives me the "Unable to create graph for this device!!"

I'm not sure what that means, but unless I'm missing something important about the way things work, it seems to me that MP is having an issue creating graphs before the device is even added.

Also, I'm failing to see the point of creating a graphedit between the ATI T200 AVStream Analogue Xbar and the ATI T200 AVStream Analogue Capture. What does this accomplish? How does changing the audioencoder sinkfilter to sourcepin="3" relate/help?

It seems that based on the graphedit and the CaptureCardsDefinitions file, by doing this we are combining the use of the "ATI Video Capture output" pin with the ATI Audio Decoder Output."

Just as a reference, here is the current ATI T200 part of my CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file:

<capturecard commercialname="ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="capture" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
<connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
Media Portal records TV in mpeg format. Analog cards cannot do this, so you need the ATI mpeg ENCODERS.

If you look in the wiki under Supported TV Cards-->Analog Software Encoding-->ATI All-In-Wonder 9600. The instructions are towards the bottom of the page.

RogueLegend

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Paul, if you review my previous posts, you'll find I have completed those steps already with no success.

But, after staring at my graphedit, I did note something potentially odd about the numbering of the pins. Which pin exactly is 0? According to the graphedit, the ATI T200 AVStream Analogue Capture has a total of 7 pins, numbered from 0-6 (the link to the graphedit I already uploaded is here.)

So by assigning these sourcepins:
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>

are we actually setting them to the "ATI Video Capture Output" and "ATI Audio Capture output"? Or are we setting them to "ATI Analog Video Input" and "ATI VBI Output"? Which pin in this graph is actually 0? It seems to me that Pin 0 could be the "ATI Analog Video Input".

Can anyone confirm or deny?

dave1215

Portal Member
March 20, 2007
Home Country
From an initial look of your logs.

It looks like the graph construct fails becaus the ATI MCE Encoders aren't installed.

Ok where do I get the MCE Encoders, because I downloaded and installed what I thought to be the MCE Encoders

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Ok this doesn't always guarante that the filters are installed and available.

Check via graphedit if the three ATI MCE filters are present in the directshow filter tree within 'insert filters'.

dave1215

Portal Member
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok what exactly Am I looking for in the Direct Show Section? Attached is a screenshot of every ATI Filter in the Direct Show section.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Well if that is your 'tree' then your problem is now obvious as all the ATI MCE filters are not present on your system.

They are

ATI Media Center Video Encoder
    ATI Media Center Audio Encoder
    ATI Media Center Multiplexer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom