Updated AIW card support (1 Viewer)

Marx

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
What codec do you use? I've installed elecard pack, and after it only MVA works without problem (GUI still slow when TV is on), while before elecard installation almost all codecs worked in the same way.
As I know AIW9000 can help in hardware with MPEG2 stream decoding, but which codec should I use? I have 2 of them with ATI in name: MPEG2 ATI decoder and Cyberlink (ATI). Unfortunatelly now none of them works properly :(
Can you post your graphedit while running MP?

Soko

February 25, 2007
Home Country
Serbia Serbia
Ok, here is my expirience with AIW X800XT/ AGP.

Installed MP and, of course had problems with default configuration. Then, after few hours reading forum, PM to SciDoctor (Thank you) then more reading, finally got it.

I`m using XP+SP2, Catalyst 6.9 package (driver, WDM and CCC all-in-one), X-code 6.12 (latest from ATI) and MMC 9.16.

First of all i`ve located atimcenc.dll in c:/ATI/SUPPORT/6-12 xcode/AVIVO/data.cab and copy it to /system32/ folder. Then register dll as posted in 1st post here. After that i edited CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, deleted those <--- signs. Then started MP configuration and manully add a channel at 500 MHz. Of course there is nothing there but that doesnt matters at this point.
Started MP- MyTV and left it running with blank screen. Started graphedit (BTW great tool!) and choose File> Connect to remote graph. VOILA There it is - scheme of my ATI AIW devices. Took a close look and noticed that there is one wrong connection to a pin. It was pointing to pin 4 instead to pin 3. Saved that graph (just in case) and close graphedit.
Again edited CaptureCardDef...xml and changed "<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/> to "....sourcepin="3".........

After that everthing was just fine. Autoscan found my channels and TV is working perfect.

Now, few questions:
1. If I change some decoder or a renderer in graphedit, is that change permanent, meaning MP is going to use that configuration or is it just for testing and MP is keeping it`s original configuration?
2. Can someone give me some hint which decoders, renderers to use for best results cause there are hundreds of combinations there? I would need months to test them all.
3. Is there an option to make autoscan faster? It is scaning in 0.5 Mhz (maybe 0.25 MHz) steps and i think that 1 Mhz step is small enough to find all programs.

Anyway, after all problems I`m still "in love" with MP. It really is a great piece of sofware.

Thank you

P.S. excuse my english, havent used it for a while so it`s a bit rusty ;)

Soko

February 25, 2007
Home Country
Serbia Serbia
One more thing!

Can I use MP to unscramble channels? Wow that would be great thing to do.
Suppose it cant be done but couldnt resist to ask.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Graphedit just for testing and is seperate to MP.

Use the MP configuration to change the decoder filters for TV

As you are using ATI card I find it is best to stay with the ATI/Cyberlink decoders, do try others but I tend to go back to the ATI ones.

As for scrambled channels, try a search through the forum as my knowledge on this is low.

RogueLegend

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Issues with AIW 2006 PCI-E

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP PRO SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 3800+
    HDD: WDC WD1200JB-75CRA0 (111 GB, IDE)
    Memory: 1.5 GB Kingston PC 4200 (533 MHZ DDR2)
    Motherboard: ECS C51g-M
    Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
    Video Card: ALL-IN-WONDER 2006
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.2
    Sound Card: Onboard Realtek
    1. TV Card: ALL-IN-WONDER 2006
    1. TV Card Type: ATI AIW
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink?
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink?
    HTPC Case: Ultra Microfly
    Cooling: Generic Fans
    Power Supply: Ultra V-Series 400 W
    Remote: ATI Remote Wonder Plus
    TV: Sony 46 inch XBR-3

Ok, I would be really grateful if someone could render some assistance with my configuration. After researching through several posts, I am at a loss to understand why MP won't initate the autotuning process during the initial setup nor display channels.

My symptoms:
    1. autotune will not complete successfully
    2. there is no "Encoder Filters" tree in MP Setup
    3. Recieving generic "Unable to create graph" error when attemping to edit tuner settings in Television tree

I have tried:
    1. Replacing XML with recommended 'sourcepin="3"' setting
    2. Confirming that devid="ntativrv01"

My issue seems similar to this post. Unfortunately that solution did not work for me.

I'm unsure what the next troubleshooting step is. Please find attached a graphedit screen + logs. This is as far as I am able to get utilizing this tool.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 5245

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    By the looks of the logs when you edited the definition file you made some mistake that caused the corruption of the file, it could be the smallest of things and difficult to find.

Reinstal the SVN or build you are using and then carefuly edit the file changing the '4' to '3' again.

Reinstal the ATI MCE encoder package, use the most up to date one that will instal for your card.

RogueLegend

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    SciDoctor,

Thanks for your input. Eventhough I have done this 6 times already, I did it a 7th per your recommendation. Here's the process I have completed:

Uninstall MP + deleting Team MediaPortal folder->Updated ATI drivers+DVD/DAO/Avivo Transcoder-> Reinstalled MP-> updated capturecarddefinitions.xml-> Run MP Settings Wizard-> Scan Channels.

When editing the file (I've done that 5 out of the 7 times so far) I have alternated between editing the pin setting and doing a straight copy/paste of the XML you posted, I'm relatively sure at this point its not an issue of corruption in the file, especially given that I'm missing a whole tree in the MP Setup.

I know my card works, and I have run BeyondTV, ATI MMC and Winamp TV Beta on it. I am also double checking to ensure all other TV Apps are closed before I start the MP Settings Wizard.

The only thing I have not tried yet is a clean install of WinXP. I will only do this as a last resort, however, if there are no other recommendations.

Thanks again.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Very odd.

I will check the latest code with my AIW to see if I have problems. I use the TV 3.0 which doesn't have AIW support so it has been a while since cheking this in TV 2.0.

Should have a reply in a few hours.

RogueLegend

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    SciDoctor,

Alright, so I performed a clean install of WinXPPro SP2, downloaded the latest ATi drivers (Cat 7.2), and reinstalled MP, changed the pin setting, and am still getting the same results. The initial setup is still not able to complete the analog channel scan and the "Encoder Filter" tree is missing in the MP Setup Panel.

One thing I noticed when I hit the scan button, a brief message appears that says "channel 1 frequency mhz." It appears and disappears quickly. Are there any other settings I must modify to make sure it scans the channels?

I am wondering how does MP determine whether or not the "Encoder Filter" tree is supposed to be in the Setup Panel? Could this be causing the issue of not being able to pick up channels, or is it the result of that issue?

I'm looking forward to any other suggestions that anyone can make.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The encoder filters aren't required for the channel tuning, but MP will not work without them.

Try completing the initial setup, bypass the tv setup, and then when completed run the full config and try the set up from within there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom