Updateing database doesn't set dateAdded (1 Viewer)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't know if it's only me, but if I update database the newly added tracks all get '1899-12-30 00:00:00.000' as dateAdded. Can anyone else confirm this?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Don't know if it's only me, but if I update database the newly added tracks all get '1899-12-30 00:00:00.000' as dateAdded. Can anyone else confirm this?

What are your settings for importing? Is this import everything since xxxx? What date created date did you choose (the default one?)

On my system and all tests I have done it is populated fine.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Updateing database doesn't set dateAdded

What are your settings for importing? Is this import everything since xxxx? What date created date did you choose (the default one?)
    Here's a screenshot of my settings: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tist-one-folder-cover-image-96076/#post739765
    On my system and all tests I have done it is populated fine.
    Good to know (or not).

I have seen this behaviour on my machine with and without 'import everything since ...' checked and from within mp and also from mp configuration. If I do a complete update (without 'import everything since ...' checked) all tracks get the wrong dateAdded.

It also takes extremly long to update the whole collection (some hours for ~40.000 entries) whereas with previous mp version it never took longer than half an hour to an hour.

Is there something I can do to find out where the problem is?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Do you have CUE files?
    Is there anything odd about how your files are stored (in one big folder?)
    Do you have massive album thumbs?
    Are you using the default date added option (current date)?
    Are your files stored on a NAS?

I am importing about 12k tracks in 10 mins but I have seen another report of slow imports so could do with tracking this down

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Updateing database doesn't set dateAdded

Do you have CUE files?
    No.
    Is there anything odd about how your files are stored (in one big folder?)
    No. They are stored alphabetically in artists folder with every album in its own folder: e.g. \mp3\m\Moby\Moby - Play (1999)\...
    Do you have massive album thumbs?
    What do you mean with massive. The thumbs are at least 500x500 to a maximum of 1500x1500. Maximum filesize is ~1MB.
    Are you using the default date added option (current date)?
    Yes.
    Are your files stored on a NAS?
    Yes, I access it through IP. MP and NAS are both connected through a router with 100 Mbit/s.
    I am importing about 12k tracks in 10 mins but I have seen another report of slow imports so could do with tracking this down
    That's the speed I had previously.

Another thing I have seen: The first database after updating to 1.2 beta had a filesize of 42 MB (new v12 database). After updating my collection the filesize shrunk to 15 MB. I couldn't see a difference in the tables except the wrong dateAdded in table tracks.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I've had some time to test whether dateAdded was filled with the correct value or not and I haven't found any way to set the correct value.

I tried all 3 settings from the dropdown, I tried it with mp3s on my nas and local, I even set up mp on my notebook and tried it there, the result was always the same: dateAdded got '1899-12-30 00:00:00.000' as value.

Can anyone confirm that there's a way to get the right value with mp 1.2 beta?

btw: in 1.2 beta there's no visual feedback anymore when I add tracks to the database from within mp (previously there was a popup where you could see the progress).

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

If I set the type of the field dateAdded to varchar(255) I get a value (in this case: 17.05.2011 12:13:14). Maybe there's a problem with the date format?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Can you try this (first off rename the existing file as a backup)

Attachments

• Databases.zip
      107.4 KB

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Updateing database doesn't set dateAdded

Can you try this (first off rename the existing file as a backup)

This solves the problem.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread