Updates to come... (3 Viewers)

MrBobC

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It told me it was an outdated skin and not to file any bug reports with it, but I choose to ignore and continue, and there was also a box to check to not ask me that again, so I clicked that and it doesn't ask me about the outdated skin anymore.

mattwakeman

Portal Member
February 16, 2008
Hmmm, not working for me at all this. When it starts up I am told that I am using an outdated skin but there is no check box to not ask me that again. If I continue then sadly nothing is right about the layout as the attached picture will show. Ah well, I will continue to faff with it slightly but thanks for your help anyways mate, much appreciated.

screen-1.jpg

Edit: Ok, I am an idiot as it is possible to change the settings so that it fits perfectly! D'oh. However, still get the message about outdated skin but at least there is some progress!

I am wondering if you got this to work because you updated TO 1.2.2 rather than trying a clean install. The wiki says that. 'As of v1.2.0 beta, the version number is checked against the version constant in MediaPortal code' and is no longer looking at the version in the references in the skin .xml. Hmmm, ok, I will continue on with my quest to get something working which really shouldn't!

Further edit: Nope, can't get this to work with 1.2.2 at all. As soon as I update then I get the outdated message and yes, I can change things to get them how I want them but as soon as I relaunch MP then things are back as they are. Ah well, I will have to stick with my old version unless Psycho Reptile updates this. I keep trying to migrate to other skins so I can use 1.2.2 but none of them are as good as monochrome.

MrBobC

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
So is this skin dead? It would be unfortunate. I do not know enough about the programming and all to update it for 1.2.3 or I would.

MrBobC

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
Does the "Retired Team Member" part under Psycho Reptile's name mean we won't be seeing an update on this? I'd be happy to try to update it if I knew anything about how to do that.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Many retired team members are active forum users, they just didn't feel like/have time for/xxx contributing the way they once did :).
    I believe PR went awall longe after retiering his position as a team MP designer ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread