[no Bug] Updating resets service (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Updating MP resets the TVservice properties back to the setting of Local System Service, instead of remaining on the account set by the user.

Can this be changed so that users keep their set account?

Last edited by a moderator:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Updating means to uninstall the old service and register the new one. That is why the changes you did in the service properties (restart on error I guess? :) ) are gone then.

I am not sure if it is possible to have these settings preserved. It would require the installer to read the current settings, store them, install the new service version, apply the settings.

I am already having a hard time finding a dev for this -> http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3054

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If your recording to a NAS or share you have to set TVServer as a user so it can record to these as the local service cannot access a share or network drive, so it would be nice if it was documented if these setting cannot be saved.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If your recording to a NAS or share you have to set TVServer as a user so it can record to these as the local service cannot access a share or network drive, so it would be nice if it was documented if these setting cannot be saved.
    Right now preserving the Tv-Service settings is not supported by the installer on an upgrade. Will see where I could add that info to the wiki/news.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just wondering, is it recommended to set Restart Service for all three boxes (First, Second, Subsequent failures)?
    I always enable all restart options just to ensure that i dont miss recording when i am 3 werks away. But my last tvservice crash was more than 1 year ago. :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wondering, is it recommended to set Restart Service for all three boxes (First, Second, Subsequent failures)?
    I always enable all restart options just to ensure that i dont miss recording when i am 3 werks away. But my last tvservice crash was more than 1 year ago. :)

Thanks. Yeah, I can't recall the last tvservice crash I had (certainly before 1.2.3 I think) but as you say, good to have it covered just in case :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Right now preserving the Tv-Service settings is not supported by the installer on an upgrade.

Since this is normal behavior i've set thread prefix to NO BUG

Users who are viewing this thread