UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I've added the "if (dlnaProtocolInfo == null) return;" statement, because you get a NRE later in the .ToString() call. Have to check this more in detail. Some former issues happened, because the DlnaAspect was null, so maybe this is not needed. Or I should not return, but only skip the ProtocolInfo...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And in the resource accessor are even more faults... i need to attach a debugger, but i already found out that it hangs right after the first log line. The strange thing is that no exception gets triggered... firfox just says that the connection was reset. There is just one place where the code return false. But we don't get even there. This is also wrong in ny opinion. We should there also throw an exception like we do it in the rest of the code :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I went through and rewrote a lot of the content directory Implementation (adding support for UPnP 1.1) It has been a while since I've looked at it but hopefully that'll change soon when my project gets shown off at work tomorrow :D.
    yeah that would be awesome!
    I already wondered who was working on this, but couldn't remember :D So I keep the fingers crossed to see you active soon again :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I pushed some minor fixes for browsing audio+video items (like adding Bitrate and Duration, they are now visible inside WMP).

When adding this feature, I found some inconsistencies inside our Aspects like bitrates are stored as kbit/bit per second. And we even don't have a filesize property saved in ML.

I think I will extend the inbuilt aspect to hold all required (basic) information that can be used for DLNA playback.

@FreakyJ just a note: I will rebase the branch/ sqash commits sooner or later to remove the unneeded changes later.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've added a new branch "FEAT_DLNA_v2" on MP2 repo which is based upon 10AE_Update1 test builds. This has the advantage that the FanartService for MP2 is now much more powerful (provider for local fanart, but also LogoManager binding :))

I can already browse videos including cover (WMP), they also start playback (although there is a warning about possible format issues, the video profiles are not yet correct!)

Another thing to note: if you are testing UPnP with WMP, you'll find sometime old information. This is caused by an own database of WMP, it caches the service contents.

So if you try to test, it's useful to delete the DB to force fresh results. I found this page which explains the comonents: https://jordanmills.wordpress.com/tag/windows-media-player-upnp-dlna/

You could create a batch file (to be run as admin!) which kills the cache:
    Code:
    net stop WMPNetworkSvc
    net stop upnphost
    taskkill -f -im wmplayer.exe
    rd /s /q "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player"
    reg /delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer" /f
    net start WMPNetworkSvc
    net start upnphost

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cool I will try it later on :)
    Just saw you added an icon, looks great!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some more updates done: I've extended some inbuilt MediaAspects to store more useful information (i.e. the actual size of an item) and fixed some usage of fields (bitrates are now always kbps). Along with those changes I also extended SeriesAspect and MovieAspect, added IMDBID to Trakt scrobbling of episodes.

The DLNA plugin now contains few more details of items.

Breaking change:
    Due to the changes MediaAspects you have to recreate all your media shares to force a full reimport

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom