UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - Switched to using http://upnp.org/specs/av/UPnP-av-ContentDirectory-v4-Service.pdf (latest version)
    - BubbleUPnP doesn't find MP2 server any more, app was updated recently not sure if that's caused problems. Will find other DLNA clients to test with.
    - Uncommented the OnSearch code, classes are missing. Started to write a parse for SearchCriteria string syntax as described in section 2.3.16.1 using http://programming-pages.com/2013/12/14/antlr-4-with-c-and-visual-studio-2012/ as a guide

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Not sure if that's the case. I only had a short look at Valk's changes some time ago, but to me it looked like Valk in particular separated functionality, which is according to the basic specs and such that is an extension by MP2.
    I don't remember anything about a DLNA implementation.
    But I may be wrong - Valk obviously knows better :D

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @MrTechno I imagine eventually no. As you've seen I added the variables needed for UPnP and the methods required / optional which are commented out for UPnP where I couldn't directly map to existing functionality in MP2. As @MJGraf said I separated and cleaned up the UPnP and MP2 functionality as part of the changes to add paging support.

My goal was to make MP2 fully UPnP compliant which meant moving the MP2 specific functions to there own extension (which is complete). As for DLNA from what I was able to read a while ago it's basically UPnP with restrictions and a new namespace to protect the interests of those who created the spec. I can't remember how the new namespace works without looking again (focused on the client side) but if that's a small patch to make it start reporting as DLNA a patch would be appreciated ;).

Until the extra code to handle browse, search, etc. is added to the medialibrary / separate core plugin the mediaserver plugin will be useful as a filler for those functions but I expect by the end it'll all get merged into the main program.

If you want to look at moving those functions in I'm happy to leave the server side at that branch as it does what I need and I won't overlap with any work you do until paging is finished.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Until the extra code to handle browse, search, etc. is added to the medialibrary / separate core plugin the mediaserver plugin will be useful as a filler for those functions but I expect by the end it'll all get merged into the main program.

Since those are the bits I'm writing I think I can continue working on the MediaServer plugin code and it won't interfere with your changes. When it comes to combining the two branches it won't be a merge that git can handle - I'll just copy 'n' paste the new code into the right place.

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah that's what I meant to imply. But you may find it won't work due to variables already been defined and actions.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Made some progress on this (it still doesn't play anything), MP2 server has just stopped appearing in the Bubble UPnP library list again after working for most of yesterday. No MediaServer errors in the log file. It's absolutely infuriating. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom