Usenet plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hekjuh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
absolutely! Especially the part of more sites is something I like :) Since newzbin is closed reg, and nzb matrix never worked super with myusenet, this would be very cool..

Maybe you can work together with the crew of MP Tvseries to integrate it with tvnzb (autodownloading maybe? currently using tv nzb reader, works fine too)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
I'm interested too. Request support for tvbinz.net and nzbs.org.

Also, a skin file that works nicely with the StreamedMP would be really nice.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure! I would definitively buy a usenet account if the plugin turned out well :) (support for german sites...)

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    SAB support is easy, as far as sites, I have only been adding those with RSS 2.0 and just getting it from there. So far just NZBsRus and TvNZB. I have tried my function with a few others and it works fine as long as they have RSS 2.0 feeds.

TVSeries integration sounds good, I will have to look into that as I don't know what it will require. The code so far has been really simple, SAB takes URL requests and spits out XML and the NZB feeds are XML as well. If I have a slow week I could have something out this week then go from there. I was originally gonna call it mpUsenet but I didn't know the MyUsenet guy had actually renamed to that. So now im gonna call it mpNZB (original eh).

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Hi,

I myself use usenext as my usenet provider, wich offers a simple web page to control itself.

Bit off topic, but some people might find it interesting.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Updated main post with a beta release.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi MrTRiX,
    would it be possible integrating a feature in a further version of this plugin to stream movies/series directly from the usenet? Optimally in cooperation with mptvseries/moving-pictures. So after streaming, the files should be added to the databases, thereby the movie could be watched once again.

Hehe, I can imagine that this would be a lot of work, but it would be sooo awesome!

RoXoR

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That would indeed be a lot of work but it was something I had wanted in a plugin for a long time also. Maybe way down the road if I can figure out how to get NZBPlayer working with MediaPortal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread