Usenet plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hekjuh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
And also impossible if i'm not mistaking, because movies / series on usenet are in an archive... correct me if i'm wrong!

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And also impossible if i'm not mistaking, because movies / series on usenet are in an archive... correct me if i'm wrong!

scene standard is:

empire-zodiac1.r00
    empire-zodiac1.r01
    empire-zodiac1.r47
    empire-zodiac1.rar

So the important thing is that the downloader starts with *.rar at first.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Indeed, some mix of Rarplayer and NZBplayer and a middle man to make MP think its a proper file.

Not sure its something for this plugin to do, but perhaps in the far future.

I am in the process of rewriting the plugin to make it a bit more modular, once that's done I am gonna submit it to the plugins page and work on more site support. I almost got NZBMatrix working also.

I did a code re-write today, its modular enough now to add site support/client support. I will be adding NZBMatrix soon and making NZBsRus easier to use. If anyone knows of any NZB RSS feeds that are free and lead directly to there NZB's please post them.

dutchmatrix

Portal Member
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    playing rar files

I have been working on a rar player plugin.
    The problem i had was that if i tried to play the video it came up with an error because the player couldn't get the total time of the video.

Only way i could get it to work was using an external player.
    With this player (plugin) it worked.

Maybe i can help you with this.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't know much about video codec's. Perhaps if they have header files you could just put a fake one in. Or maybe you can do like torrents do and allocate all the space for the video before hand and fill it with blank data. Then write the correct video data to the file in the background while its playing. I'm sure there would be file access issues but if there wasn't and the header information could be faked then I think it could work.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have rewrite the code a 3rd time. Its 100% modular now even though I only support SABnzbd at the moment (its a really good client). Is there any demand for other clients? I am working on getting more sites. Also added a lot more control of the queue and stuff from SABnzbd.

I would like to add newzbin support but I guess I need an invite from a current member to even login, anyone help me out on this?

"Please accept our apologies, but an invitation from a current member is required in order to register. If you have been sent an invitation, please use the link located in the email. "

Almost got NZBMatrix added, just working on best way to handle the .zip files that a non-VIP member gets.

Also is there much interest in reading the HTML instead of the RSS feed? You get 50 results using RSS which is a good amount I thought.

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Thank you for this great plugin. I'm trying to configure this plugin, but it gives me a windows Error. i can click details, cancel or continue. but none of them saves the data. What to do? I;m using the latest SVN.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Nice job, plugin works as advertised. I also like that you have natively provided the ability to rename the display name of the plug-in. I do have some suggestions which are likely skin related, but keep in mind that I used the provided skin file in streamedMP and not BlueTwo:

1) Immediately after entering the plugin, my display goes quite dim. It startes out as bright as every other screen, but in less than a second becomes so dim it is almost unreadable.

2) I'm using a 47" 1080p display and the text is *really* small. Especially the sabnzb status (download speed etc)

3) During the configuration of the plugin, there is no "OK" or "Cancel" button. I was not sure that my settings were actually being saved. I closed the window and they were, but it was not standard.

4) NZB-R-US Category selection does not seem to be working. The main RSS feed seems fine.

5) Have you seen the vista sidebar gadget for monitoring sabnzbd? It would be great if you could implement a lot of the ideas they have. For example, there is a progress bar for each item in the queue. There is also a graphical display for the download speed. There is the ability to assign a category to the nzb.

6) It would be nice to jump directly from the plugin to the download folder (presumably monitored in MyVideos)?

Good job on the plugin and I hope development continues. THANKS!

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you for this great plugin. I'm trying to configure this plugin, but it gives me a windows Error. i can click details, cancel or continue. but none of them saves the data. What to do? I;m using the latest SVN.

What are you doing when it happens?

1) Immediately after entering the plugin, my display goes quite dim. It startes out as bright as every other screen, but in less than a second becomes so dim it is almost unreadable.
    2) I'm using a 47" 1080p display and the text is *really* small. Especially the sabnzb status (download speed etc)

There is no skin for anything but Blue3 at the moment. I am not a very good skinner so using anything but Blue3 at the moment is risky. I would be happy if someone wanted to make some skin files. If not I am working on it.

4) NZB-R-US Category selection does not seem to be working. The main RSS feed seems fine.

If you go to http://www.nzbsrus.com/rss.php is there a link under ">> User's category selection RSS (Go to your profile page to view/ change default browse categories)". If so then what happens in my plugin when you click the category selection option?

6) It would be nice to jump directly from the plugin to the download folder (presumably monitored in MyVideos)?

This may be a future feature. Do you know of any plugins that do this so I can see how it works?

3) During the configuration of the plugin, there is no "OK" or "Cancel" button. I was not sure that my settings were actually being saved. I closed the window and they were, but it was not standard.

I will add a OK/Cancel button right away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread