[solved] User Interface HDMI audio to AVR not working or cut (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

don"t think it is related to this release, but maybe I'm overseeing something.

I have no navigation sounds in the Mediaportal GUI. This happened when I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I had 1.13 pre installed.
    Now with the 1.13 I still have this issue.

I tried:
    • made sure the volume inside MP was 100%. Did the same with windows sound icon and MP volume
    • Tried different skins
    • Made sure my sound properties were set ok in windows.
    • Disabled and enabled skin sounds in MP config
    • Tried MP on my laptop with windows 10. I have sound.
    I have sound in windows (startup sound etc.) and I have sound when I play movies, music etc. through MP.

I'm sure the solution is simple but I'm not seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK
    I have no sound in the Mediaportal GUI.
    Can you please clarify what you mean.
    Like, do you have sound for videos, TV and music?
    Which sounds are missing?
    Updated my post above

I have no navigation sounds. So pressing up, down, left, right, enter etc. makes no sound anymore. I do have sound when playing music, movies etc

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Updated my post above

I have no navigation sounds. So pressing up, down, left, right, enter etc. makes no sound anymore.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    The MP config looks okay to me. So, sorry I'm not sure what to suggest.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated my post above

I have no navigation sounds. So pressing up, down, left, right, enter etc. makes no sound anymore. I do have sound when playing music, movies etc
    Omg....

Did a complete fresh install of windows 10 home. Installed drivers and MediaPortal. No GUI sounds......

Maybe back to 7.....

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Did a complete fresh install of windows 10 home. Installed drivers and MediaPortal. No GUI sounds.
    I thought that the availability of GUI sounds depends on your audio output devices?

With my previous TV, I used analogue audio output from the HTPC to an analogue audio amplifier, and GUI sound effects worked fine.

With the TV that I purchased earlier this year, I use HDMI digital audio from the HTPC to the TV, and then analogue audio output from the TV to the audio amplifier. With this arrangement, GUI sound effects do not work properly. Short GUI sounds are completely missing, while long GUI sounds (this is with the Amped skin) are mostly truncated (I hear just the last few milliseconds).

Reading the MP fora suggested that this is caused by one the digital processors in the signal path (HTPC, TV, or digital amplifier) switching itself off when there is no signal, and taking some number of milliseconds to restart when the next signal arrives. So the first few milliseconds of each GUI sound effect are missing. Since you have not posted details of your HTPC system, it is difficult to know whether this is applicable to you.

I decided to disable GUI sound effects.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can check my system details under my name.

But I have my HTPC connected with hdmi to my receiver (marantz sr7007) which passes the video through hdmi to my panasonic plasma.

On Windows 7 I didn't have this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom