Various questions (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the \\192.168.222.247\Public\Etc format, but that don't seem to work.
    I am not in front of my PC but as far as I remember, you need to mask the leading backslashes. i.e. this would become //192.168.222.247\Public\... Note the leading divison signs and later the use of the standard backslash. The helper screen should give you explanations for the correct syntax.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really, really, hope that will not be the solution as I have about 2500 movies in that folder ;) Right now I have tried to remove my manual input of source, and instead I browsed to the folder. It is importing right now, so far 16%... And if I go to Brows media, there is already over 200 movies there.
    How do I add a manual source the right way, so it works? I tried the \\192.168.222.247\Public\Etc format, but that don't seem to work.
    It's quite easy to automatically correct the folder structure. It can be one mouse click, if you tell tMM to automatically rename the files and create the right structure.
    I think it will also help you to keep the overview. 2500 movies in one folder + all the side files, I have a headache just thinking about it ;)

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    It stoped accepting new sources, internal error every time. So I deleted C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal and started from the beginning. But I get problems with "The home server is currently not connected...", so I try restarting the PC, but it still don't work. I have some problems with MP2 client don't connect to the server, so I can't give give server credentials. So I try to uninstall MP2 and reinstall it again. Now it works again.

I try different variants of manual input of source
    \\192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    //192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    /\\192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    //\\192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    //192.168.222.247/Public/Etc/
    ////192.168.222.247/Public/Etc/

Today I saw this
    for me works one leading backslash \192.168.178.55\<Sambausername>\folder

I am now trying this
    \192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    It got accepted... Maybe it is working now? That shows what only one \ can do ;-)
    In the logs it complated about a ZIP files (zip seems to be MP2s nemisis), I deleted the one ZIP file in the folder...
    After that is seems to go better, and it has actually found movies :)
    I will now try with the next folder

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I get problems with "The home server is currently not connected...", so I try restarting the PC, but it still don't work.
    You can always connect your client "manually" from within the settings - look for connections. This can happen if you reinstall a server and try to connect with a client that was previously connected to another installation. The reinstall, although happening on the same PC, is a different server from a client's perspective.

I am now trying this
    \192.168.222.247\Public\Etc\
    I never checked this. But it appears that the single backslash works - which is not what we explain in the helper text. So either we have a bug or we better change the helper text ;). @morpheus_xx : the manual input of share addresses is not working but does so when entering a single backslash as described here. Could you check the theoretical behavior in the code when you have a moment please?

In the logs it complated about a ZIP files (zip seems to be MP2s nemisis), I deleted the one ZIP file in the folder...
    So something seems to be not OK in that zip or it is not correctly processed by the Dokan system. I wouldn't spend too much time on it if the issue is limited to a single file only.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    So something seems to be not OK in that zip or it is not correctly processed by the Dokan system.
    or in the ZipResourceProvider.

@raffe
    If you like, you can post the log entry and we can take a look. In your previously posted logs, I couldn't find any error related to a zip archive.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    or in the ZipResourceProvider.

@raffe
    If you like, you can post the log entry and we can take a look. In your previously posted logs, I couldn't find any error related to a zip archive.
    Sure, here are the logs. I was refering to entries like
    "System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
    vid MediaPortal.Extensions.ResourceProviders.ZipResourceProvider.ZipResourceAccessor.get_CanonicalLocalResourcePath()
    vid MediaPortal.Extensions.MetadataExtractors.VideoMetadataExtractor.VideoMetadataExtractor.TryExtractMetadata(IResourceAccessor mediaItemAccessor, IDictionary`2 extractedAspectData, Boolean importOnly)"
    It says it a lot, but there was only one zip file with a sub file and a idx file.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Sure, here are the logs. I was refering to entries like
    Thanks :) breese has already posted internally an bug report and will we look into it.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I am hoping it will work this time, but it feels like it has stopped responding again. I can go around in Settings, and in Media Sources Overview it looks like this
    euHMEZx.jpg

Film_barnRips was the first one that worked, it got imported. Now it says "Importing...", but in front of the clock there is no import indication.

But FilmerRip dont seem to want to be imported (it has no zip files :) ), when I click ReImport for it, nothing happens. The folder only have 286 movies.

When I Go to movies and try to browse folders, I get this
    5j0swFx.jpg

But it don't seem to work that hard
    xPz47X2.jpg

I have waited over one hour, should I wait more? Maybe the client has hung? Or the server? Here are new fresh logs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom