Version 0.2.0.0 final (1 Viewer)

adenheeten

Portal Member
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here is my log file!

I see nothing unusual inthere, looks like its playing normally.

1. You mention "the old version". is that 2.0.0 beta or 1.4.0?
  2. Are the seconds counting when playing, or does it stay at 0:00?
  3. Your device has 4 asio channels. My guess is chans 1 and 2 is analog out, chans 3 and 4 is S/PDIF. What have you set as first and last channel in the plugin config?

I am using 1.4.0
And the seconds are counting bur there is no sound.
Mine asio drivers always worked on channel 1 to 4 so i dont know why i have to change it?

Arjan

adenheeten

Portal Member
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Symphy

Problem solved! As you discribed use channel 3 and 4 and now its worked. Thanks for your help and i am sorry for not listening at the first time.

Regards Arjan

post4unme

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
New track starts loud

Using this version I've noticed something strange. I think it's related to replay gain. The first seconds of a track are played louder and than fades a bit. Is this normal behaviour?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using this version I've noticed something strange. I think it's related to replay gain. The first seconds of a track are played louder and than fades a bit. Is this normal behaviour?

It shouldn't. Is the volume constant if you switch off replaygain?

Symphy

post4unme

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Ok, I've tested it without the replay gain and volume seems to be constant then. So I guess it has something to do with ReplayGain. Attached is the log when ReplayGain is on. Maybe this helps.

oldfarm

September 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How do you control the volume?
    I'm using vista, and when you enable ASIO output the volume is constant in mediaportal.
    You can change it if you "alt+tab" to the desktop and change the master volume.
    Using a X-Fi xtrememusic hooked up directly to a 5-channel amp.
    /Henrik

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How do you control the volume?
    I'm using vista, and when you enable ASIO output the volume is constant in mediaportal.
    You can change it if you "alt+tab" to the desktop and change the master volume.
    Using a X-Fi xtrememusic hooked up directly to a 5-channel amp.
    /Henrik

ASIO bypasses all windows audiodevice logic and writes to the hardware directly. That's why the standard system volume controls don't work.
    Controllling volume in the digital domain would compromise soundquality and for AC3/DTS it's even inpossible without decoding first. That's why this plugin does not have any volume control at all.

Best way to control the volume is on your amp.

oldfarm

September 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ASIO bypasses all windows audiodevice logic and writes to the hardware directly. That's why the standard system volume controls don't work.
    Controllling volume in the digital domain would compromise soundquality and for AC3/DTS it's even inpossible without decoding first. That's why this plugin does not have any volume control at all.

Best way to control the volume is on your amp.

Ok, my htpc is my volume control.
    Thanks for the reply.
    /Henrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom