Version 0.2.0.0 final (1 Viewer)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I've tested it without the replay gain and volume seems to be constant then. So I guess it has something to do with ReplayGain. Attached is the log when ReplayGain is on. Maybe this helps.

Can't find anything unusual...
    Could it your album contains tracks crossfading into eachother? in that case you need to enable "Use album gain if available".

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just want to share my experience with this Pureaudio plugin.

My hardware is a PCI-E Xonar DX. I have it connected to my Yamaha receiver via SPDIF optical cable. Im using Mediaportal RC2 + SVN ~14/9/2008
    With the Xonar card there is an build in ASIO driver. Besides this driver I also installed ASIO4ALL.

- I started on trying WMplayer. No luck what so ever. Maybe its me, but I dont know how to configure this. Result was static AC3/DTS playback.

- Tried Pureaudio 0.2.0.0 final. I couldnt even select the output devide, If i selected that tab, mediaportal configuration crashes and shows a <details><Continue><Quit> option. SO this is a problem. I do have the vcredist_x86.zip installed you posted in post 1 here.

- Next I tried Pureaudio 0.2.0.0 Beta. THis time I WAS able to get into the Device output tab. I tried the Xonar ASIO + ASIO4all. All I got was static on the latter. The Xonar ASIO didnt even produce the static. The ASIO4all setting did but still no perfect transmission of the data.

- FInaly I tried the PureAudio 0.1.4.0. With the Xonar ASIO. Still a no go on any sound at all. But this time with the ASIO4all drivers I now have bit-perfect transmission of the audio to my receiver :) YES!!!

So for me the bottom line is that the newer version of the Pureaudio plugin dont work with my setup. I dont know why though. BUT, Im happy now anyway. :)

THank you very much for this plugin!! ***** Me is listening to an awsome DTS cd from Guns n Roses at the moment... *****

[edit]
    Aaahh Crap... This is weird. I finaly got nice DTS/AC3 sound etc. But after a reboot of the computer I loose all of this. White noice is again audiable, knowing that the exact same settings as before the reboot are selected...
    To get it working again I need to select the Xonar ASIO again. Run mediaportal and play DTS sound and let media portal CRASH. Straight afterward I select the ASIO4All output, and it works again. Realy weird, I know, but it is even reproducable.... sigh!! Someone got an idea on whats could be causing this or ofcourse prevent this.?

It might be a good idea to post a log sometime soon... (dont hold your breath for it though...)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ghehehe.. Well Symphy, it appears that will not be necessary anymore. I got it working now. :D :D
    - I downloaded new Xonar Drivers (V81747 Beta from 30-8-2008).
    - Deinstalled ASIO4ALL
    - Set PureAudio plugin (0.1.4.0) again for Xonar ASIO.
    Settings within PureAudio plugin adjusted like: Gapless playback, Fadein/out off, Supported sampling rates 32000 - 192000 Hz.

No error anymore, just beautifull music now :)

What exactly the reason was, I am not sure. Could indeed be drivers, or the sampling rates Auto-mode, or any other aboven in the list. I is even possible that if I now try PureAudio 0.2.0.0 again that it would work. But at the moment Im going to make a Image of this complet setup with everything working 100%. Maybe after that I will try and find out what exactly was the cause.

So Symphy... I thank you very very much for this awesome plugin. :) Its sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello edterbak!

Are the buttons "fast forward", "rewind" and "pause" working by listening DTS-Music?

Best Regards
    Helios

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Helios, I dont know. I only pressed play and stop untill now. I will try soon for you. Will probably be tomorrow befor I can post the result. (I have party tonight)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Enjoy the party!

But i have one problem more: At the end of a "DTS encoded Wavpack Image" MP crashes. I have to close it by Taskmanager. But these Problems only occurs with DTS-Files!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What exactly the reason was, I am not sure. Could indeed be drivers, or the sampling rates Auto-mode, or any other aboven in the list. I is even possible that if I now try PureAudio 0.2.0.0 again that it would work. But at the moment Im going to make a Image of this complet setup with everything working 100%. Maybe after that I will try and find out what exactly was the cause.

Congrats!

I would be happy to see if 0.2.0.0 works too now, because that code is planned to become part of MP 2.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But i have one problem more: At the end of a "DTS encoded Wavpack Image" MP crashes. I have to close it by Taskmanager. But these Problems only occurs with DTS-Files!

Could you post a log from that?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

For sure. Logs sre attached, but i can not reproduce the crash after finishing the playback. But inside you will see the issue "no sound after fast forward"!

Best Regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom