Version 0.2.0.2 (2 Viewers)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Was the problem described here also fixed in this release, or will it be fixed in future releases?

Regards,
    grubi.

I'm afraid not... I dont know what that problem is, or has been. Unfortunately i lost all code of versions before 1.4.0 so its harder to track it down.

What setup i causing that problems, ASIO4ALL or the custom c-media directx drivers?

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried to get it to work on a realtek HD and an old Realtek onboard sound device, but not getting the DTS sound. (only hishing)
    Code:
    2009-02-16 22:01:14.750000 [Info.][PureAudio.Main]: PureAudio: Determined file type: AudioFile/None
    2009-02-16 22:01:14.750000 [Info.][PureAudio.Main]: PureAudio: Determined stream content type: DTS14Bit
    2009-02-16 22:01:14.750000 [Info.][PureAudio.Main]: PureAudio: Using ASIO device ASIO4ALL v2

I just saw that when the log file reports DTS14Bit, it's not support.. is that correct?
    Normal video/DVD/HD working well on DTS.

If my realtek doesn't support this function, wich soundcard does? with Tos-link option and not to much $$$ :D
    :D

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was the problem described here also fixed in this release, or will it be fixed in future releases?

Regards,
    grubi.

I'm afraid not... I dont know what that problem is, or has been. Unfortunately i lost all code of versions before 1.4.0 so its harder to track it down.

What setup i causing that problems, ASIO4ALL or the custom c-media directx drivers?

I'm not using ASIO at all.
    I'm using these driver which worked perfect till version 1.2.2 of PureAudio plugin. Also the MP built in BASS player works without this problem also with latest SVN applied (BASS 2.4)

Not sure what changed in the plugin which broke bitperfect audio with directx.
    Any additional things I can test to help you locate the problem.

It's really a pitty that this no longer works as IMHO these drivers are the most hassle free option (compared to ASIO4All) to get bitperfect audio with a wide varity of cheep audio cards.

Regarads,

grubi.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried to get it to work on a realtek HD and an old Realtek onboard sound device, but not getting the DTS sound. (only hishing)
    I just saw that when the log file reports DTS14Bit, it's not support.. is that correct?
    Normal video/DVD/HD working well on DTS.
    the DTS14Bit is normal, its the most commonly used encoding method.

If my realtek doesn't support this function, wich soundcard does? with Tos-link option and not to much $$$ :D
    :D
    First, check the sfw, drivers and controlpanels that come with the device, there may be settings you have to change. In this forum there are several users that have realtek devices working. If your receiver/decoder displays the samplingrate, compare it against the sourcefile. Some (older) devices output everything at 48kHz on spdif...

Remember that quality comes at a price :)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not using ASIO at all.
    I'm using these driver which worked perfect till version 1.2.2 of PureAudio plugin. Also the MP built in BASS player works without this problem also with latest SVN applied (BASS 2.4)

Not sure what changed in the plugin which broke bitperfect audio with directx.
    Any additional things I can test to help you locate the problem.

It's really a pitty that this no longer works as IMHO these drivers are the most hassle free option (compared to ASIO4All) to get bitperfect audio with a wide varity of cheep audio cards.

Regarads,

grubi.

A few debuglevel logs may be helpfull: one with 1.2.2 using those drivers (working setup) and one with latest version. Pls play a DTS while logging.

Definately need to be investigated, the 1.2.2 has become useless now that everything moved to bass 2.4

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    grubi: the 1.2.2 still has the "Use floating streams" setting (Advanced setting). Does it work properly both with and without that ticked?

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks that i have it working... realtek with asio4all.. had to disable some outputs/inputs within asio4all and had to disable my ATI HDMI out. Stereo-MP3 and wav DTS works now; only some DTS wav files have some hickups, gonna look into it soon ;)
    Im going to check also on my old and dusty Terratec 7.1 Space with ASIO if it works :)
    Thx for the reply, my call to look further.....

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @grubi: the 1.2.2 still has the "Use floating streams" setting (Advanced setting). Does it work properly both with and without that ticked?

That's the problem.
    As soon as "Use floating streams" is activated version 1.2.2 behaves exactly like the latest version of the plugin. When deactivated DTS playback is bitperfect again with 1.2.2. But I did not find that setting in the latest version.

Did you need the logs anyway?

Thank's for taking the time looking into it. :D

Regards,
    grubi.

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    I am newer to this plug-in and i have something which i don't understand as follows:

After installing this plug-in, enabling it (and disabling all other external player), i configured this plugin using window device (my sound card Realtek). but when open music configuration, i see only 2 player: built-in Bass and internal fdshow player.

So am i missing something? i thought it must be PureHD player on the player's list

The player selection you mention determines the default player for mediaportal that is used when there are no external players at all. An enabled external player plugin will take over if the extension of the file you play is on its list.

I still need your help plz

here i attached the pictures of pureaudio configuration and music configuration inside MP

As you may saw, in the pureaudio plugin config i can see lots of file extensions in which .dts are arealdy on the list.
    And in the music config, i choose player as "Bass Engine" (there are only Bass Engine and Internal dshow player for me to choose).

But when i go to music folder inside MP, i can't see my .dts file.

At the meantime i have a DTS music file in .wav and when i play this file, i can't hear nothing but noise

Please help

Attachments

• music config.jpg
      music config.jpg
      61.8 KB
    • pureaudio config.jpg
      pureaudio config.jpg
      44.2 KB

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am newer to this plug-in and i have something which i don't understand as follows:

After installing this plug-in, enabling it (and disabling all other external player), i configured this plugin using window device (my sound card Realtek). but when open music configuration, i see only 2 player: built-in Bass and internal fdshow player.

So am i missing something? i thought it must be PureHD player on the player's list

The player selection you mention determines the default player for mediaportal that is used when there are no external players at all. An enabled external player plugin will take over if the extension of the file you play is on its list.

I still need your help plz

here i attached the pictures of pureaudio configuration and music configuration inside MP

As you may saw, in the pureaudio plugin config i can see lots of file extensions in which .dts are arealdy on the list.
    And in the music config, i choose player as "Bass Engine" (there are only Bass Engine and Internal dshow player for me to choose).

But when i go to music folder inside MP, i can't see my .dts file.

At the meantime i have a DTS music file in .wav and when i play this file, i can't hear nothing but noise

Please help

You also have to add the extension ".dts" to the "music extensions" in the music section of MP setup to make it appear in the list.
    BTW it does not matter which player you choose in MP when using this plugin. Ensure the plugin is enabled and the desired extensions are configured in the extension list of the plugin configuration.

Are you running ASIO or not?
    If not are you on XP or Vista.

Maybe I missed that but what soundcard are you using?

If you hear only noise it is a good sign that you stream get resampled in any way an that playback is not bitperfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom