Version 0.2.0.2 (1 Viewer)

nmt1978

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
The player selection you mention determines the default player for mediaportal that is used when there are no external players at all. An enabled external player plugin will take over if the extension of the file you play is on its list.

I still need your help plz

here i attached the pictures of pureaudio configuration and music configuration inside MP

As you may saw, in the pureaudio plugin config i can see lots of file extensions in which .dts are arealdy on the list.
And in the music config, i choose player as "Bass Engine" (there are only Bass Engine and Internal dshow player for me to choose).

But when i go to music folder inside MP, i can't see my .dts file.

At the meantime i have a DTS music file in .wav and when i play this file, i can't hear nothing but noise

Please help

You also have to add the extension ".dts" to the "music extensions" in the music section of MP setup to make it appear in the list.
BTW it does not matter which player you choose in MP when using this plugin. Ensure the plugin is enabled and the desired extensions are configured in the extension list of the plugin configuration.

Are you running ASIO or not?
If not are you on XP or Vista.

Maybe I missed that but what soundcard are you using?

If you hear only noise it is a good sign that you stream get resampled in any way an that playback is not bitperfect.

Thank you for your prompt reply, i did add the extension and see my files. But playing the .dts or .wav resulting in noise only

I don;t have ASIO. i am using window device "Realtek Digital Output"and onboard sound card ATI X3500 on my mainboard Gygabite GA EG45M-SH. i am on Vista

Also what is bit perfect?>please help

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's the problem.
    As soon as "Use floating streams" is activated version 1.2.2 behaves exactly like the latest version of the plugin. When deactivated DTS playback is bitperfect again with 1.2.2. But I did not find that setting in the latest version.

Did you need the logs anyway?

Thank's for taking the time looking into it. :D

Regards,
    grubi.

Ok been looking in the (working) standard player code lastnight, and i think i know whats going on. Because it comes down to a bass bug it may be solved with next plugin release, which uses bass 2.4. If not, i'll add a workaround.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for your prompt reply, i did add the extension and see my files. But playing the .dts or .wav resulting in noise only

I don;t have ASIO. i am using window device "Realtek Digital Output"and onboard sound card ATI X3500 on my mainboard Gygabite GA EG45M-SH. i am on Vista

Bitperfect means all data comes out of the spdif exactly as is it on your disk, down to the last bit. For DTS playback this is absolutely nessecary. Now this may seem obvious for computer stuff, but in real life it isn't. Hardware, Windows and drivers often do all kinds of conversions, causing changes in the data.

Bitperfect playback with standard windows devices is rare, the only working solution that i know of is c-media devices with specially designed 3rd part drivers.

You should try ASIO4ALL. Several ppl have realtek devices working that way.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

See this link for a ver good explanation

That's the problem.
    As soon as "Use floating streams" is activated version 1.2.2 behaves exactly like the latest version of the plugin. When deactivated DTS playback is bitperfect again with 1.2.2. But I did not find that setting in the latest version.

Did you need the logs anyway?

Thank's for taking the time looking into it. :D

Regards,
    grubi.

Ok been looking in the (working) standard player code lastnight, and i think i know whats going on. Because it comes down to a bass bug it may be solved with next plugin release, which uses bass 2.4. If not, i'll add a workaround.

When you have any pre release for testing just let me know.
    Thanks again.

grubi.

PS:

Found the following statement in an article about the drivers I use:

It supports bitperfect playback for 16 bit sound streams at sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz - this effectively covers almost all music on CDs and subsequent formats as well as audio from DVDs on sale today.

Maybe this is releated to the problem.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    PS:

It supports bitperfect playback for 16 bit sound streams at sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz - this effectively covers almost all music on CDs and subsequent formats as well as audio from DVDs on sale today.

Yep, it must go wrong at the conversion of the 32 bit float stream back to the 16 bit for DirectX. The default bass player uses a 16 bit stream internally (if upmixing disabled and not using asio) and thats why the problem does not occur there.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PS:

Yep, it must go wrong at the conversion of the 32 bit float stream back to the 16 bit for DirectX. The default bass player uses a 16 bit stream internally (if upmixing disabled and not using asio) and thats why the problem does not occur there.

Any chance to get this fixed?

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As you are on Vista I doubt you will get bitperfect playback without ASIO. The reason is that the "audio service" of Vista in contrast to the "kmixer" of WinXP will always process the sound even if it is not necessary which leads to non bitperfect output (Isn't this relally an improvement :mad:). You will read a lot of nonsens about "bad" kmixer in the internet which is simply wrong so investigate carefully.

So for Vista to get bitperfect you have the following choices if your hardware is capable of outputting the desired sample rates unaltered:

Kernel streaming (which has already been marked deprecated in Vista)
    ASIO
    WASAPI

As the first and the latter are no choice with MP because they are not supported ASIO is the only way to go.
    If your soundcard vendor doesn't offer native ASIO drivers (which is quite normal for consumer products) you can try ASIO4ALL which is a wrapper around kernel streaming which exposes an ASIO interface where the "outer world" like MP can connect to.

HTH.
    grubi.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Installed MP 1.0
    Installed MP latest SVN.
    Installed ASIO Music player.
    Starting MP configuration -> Plugins

Getting error "Failed to locate assembly 'Bass.Net', Version=2.3.1.2, Culture=Neutral, blablabla etc"

Didn't configure anything else (was going to install everything first). Only thing I installed before this was latest Moving Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom