[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mm,

I observed that when I manually set the zoom mode (via right click + change aspect ratio - aside, I've always thought "change aspect ratio" to be an "interesting" description) that the CPU drops down to "normal" levels. As if that action disables VMS. That's cool. I just wondered if there were any way to re-enable it without stopping and restarting the movie.

When it detects 'user' aspect ratio changes, it disables the black-bar detection until it detects another stream AR change (or a stop/start/channel change) i.e. it assumes the user knows best :) . Toggling the BB detect mode (i.e. hit F4) will enable BB detection again.

CPU (first gen Core 2 e6600 2.4 GHz) runs at < 10% CPU without the plugin enabled; that jumps to between 15 and 30% with the plugin enabled. I guess this is normal, but having never used VMS or IFC I'm not really sure.

The CPU usage sounds about normal - it grabs a frame every second and processes it for black bar detection. If you don't want the BB detection just disable it in each 'rule' or globally. In my systems it's actually the frame grabbing that takes the time, not the processing - maybe VMR9 isn't as efficient ?

Thanks for the XP testing :)

(PS - way off topic, but any more thoughts on the TsWriter/EPG hang problem ?)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Fourth version (v4) uploaded - This is a small rework of the user interface.

As requested - any 'rule' can now be enabled/disabled using the tick boxes in the main window, the window is now horizontally re-sizeable, and the 'Esc' key can be used as a 'Cancel' button.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, I've tried v4 and it works just as you say.

I have one more request. Can we please switch the positions of the OK and Cancel buttons? I think all (?) other windows in MediaPortal have OK to the left and Cancel to the right. In VMS i sometimes click OK when I mean to cancel :ROFLMAO: Same thing in the RuleDetailWindow.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have one more request. Can we please switch the positions of the OK and Cancel buttons? I think all (?) other windows in MediaPortal have OK to the left and Cancel to the right. In VMS i sometimes click OK when I mean to cancel :ROFLMAO: Same thing in the RuleDetailWindow.
    Not sure whether to rate your post "funny" or "agree" as I think both are equally relevant! :ROFLMAO:
    Owlsroost, if you need the assistance of somebody with a full VS I'd be happy to do it.

(PS - way off topic, but any more thoughts on the TsWriter/EPG hang problem ?)
    I confess I haven't looked at it for some time. Too many things on the go. :(
    What I'm miffed about with that issue is the problems people still have with that specific transponder, and yet I can load up their dump files and run them in a BDA driver simulator without any problems. In other words, I'm not clear whether the remaining issue is a parsing issue or a threading and filter control issue. If it is a parsing issue then maybe the dump files I have just don't trigger it; if it is a threading issue, maybe I'm not testing correctly. What I wanted to do next was create a wrapper for our EPG code. The idea would be to feed in dump files and confirm that parsing works correctly. However, like I say I've been distracted by other things at present...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Thanks, I've tried v4 and it works just as you say.

Done - v4a uploaded....(but don't ask for anything else ;) )

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost
    There seems to be a minor spelling issue in Config.
    See: -> dependig
    =MediaPortal_Configuration_-_Plugins_ViewModeSwitcher.png

You might wanna fix it directly in master? GIT: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...odeSwitcher/ViewModeSwitcherPlugInBase.cs#L38

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    TBH, I didn't even know it had a tooltip in that dialog..... :)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have a Problem with (recorded) 4:3 inside 16:9 HD : I expected it would do a nonlinearstretch or zomm 14:9, but nothing happens at all!

Attached a sample Picture and my current config.

Default I tested, too. But same result!

Any Ideas what I have to change (without affercting other rules...)?

Attachments

• 19-19-13.png
      19-19-13.png
      1.4 MB
    • VIewMode Settings.VmsSettings.txt
      8 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hello,

I have a Problem with (recorded) 4:3 inside 16:9 HD : I expected it would do a nonlinearstretch or zomm 14:9, but nothing happens at all!

Attached a sample Picture and my current config.

Default I tested, too. But same result!

Any Ideas what I have to change (without affercting other rules...)?

Nothing obviously wrong - you'll need to enable 'verbose logging' and post the new log.

The default settings won't work for this movie because they disable BB detection for HD.

Also your BB detect level thresholds are quite low (11) - try raising them a bit and see if it works better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom