Vimeo support? (2 Viewers)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for this doskabouter, I can add it successfully via the xml file or by adding it via the onlinevideos config. However everytime the site is updated it removes the categories I've entered. Is this normal?
    THanks

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's indeed normal, and by design.
    If you want to have your specific stuff, you should give it a new name, f.e. "myvimeo" or "CoolChannelOnVimeo" or...
    You can do this through the configuration of the plugin, like described here, but instead of choosing youtube, choose vimeo

moviebuff

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    AW: Vimeo support?

hey guys!

i would LOVE to have vimeo support in mediaportal!
    i tried to add my videos, my likes and my subscriptions to ONLIEN VIDEOS, but did not succeed!
    tried to add the RSS urls in config, but in MP no videos are found....
    could someone give a detailed tutorial on where and how to add what URLS to achieve this please?

thanks in advance!
    mb

moviebuff

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    AW: Vimeo support?

okay... after some more "research" i found the problem!
    i missed, that instead of your nickname, you HAVE TO put your user ID into the code! (it's actually mentioned on the first page of the thread anyways... doh!)

so instead of
    <Category xsi:type="RssLink" name="uservideo">http://vimeo.com/shortcutURL/videos/sort:newest/format:detail</Category>
    use
    <Category xsi:type="RssLink" name="uservideo">http://vimeo.com/user1234567/videos/sort:newest/format:detail</Category>
    with "1234567" being your numerical Vimeo User ID.

you can find this numerical ID in
    http://vimeo.com/settings/account

really happy now!!

let's see if I can add my Vimeo "subscriptions" too....

psykoman

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hey there,

I can't get onlinevideos-plugin to work with vimeo on my HTPC.
    I get the "no URL found" message.

I've attached my MediaPortal Log, can I do anything else?

Would be awesome if I could get vimeo to work with onlinevideos plugin :)

cheers

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure what's going wrong here, at my place it works fine.

Perhaps you could add a debug-mediaportal.log
    (Set loglevel to debug in mediaportal configuration, and try to play a vimeo-video)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi while on the subject, is it possible to add userid to the onlinevideo config like you do with username/password in the config for youtube?
    It would be simpler for future users, rather than having to find this thread in the forum and add their own custom categories.

Users who are viewing this thread