Virus Found [UPDATE: Unrelated to Moving Pictures] (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I don't know what to tell you, I have downloaded the image directly from the website and VirusTotal tells me it's fine. I setup a dummy movie and had Moving Pictures download the backdrop for me then scanned that file and VirusTotal tells me it's clear. If you turn on debug logging I will take a closer look at your log files, but it seems like maybe something is intercepting and injecting something into the images in transit? I don't know... when I say it out loud that sounds crazy to me, but the file seems fine when pulled from the server on my end.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    well here is the log in debug mode, i included screenie showing the 2 films after they get stuck they dont move any further from no matter how long i leave them

i hope you can find out wahts going wrong, the phyical files are clean server has done 80% scan, says its clean so far

Attachments

• 2009-06-02_180205.jpg
      2009-06-02_180205.jpg
      286.8 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well the reason processing stops is because the importer thread is crashing I think because your anti-virus software is preventing access to the file. Crashed thread means that all import progress stops for whatever movie was currently being processed. Have you tried manually downloading the image files from the website and scanning that?

And I assume you have deleted the infected file? If not try deleting the infected file then restarting the config screen. Moving Pictures should automatically redownload the backdrop when it sees the old one is missing. Once it does try rescanning the file to see if it is infected.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    i have deleted the infected files many times and everytime it downloads it again avira pops up.

manually downloading them is fine there clean as a whistle

any ideas to whats up?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I have no idea... we do a little bit of image manipulation once we download the file, but all we are doing is converting it to a JPG using the standard Windows GDI library. You can see the source code here: DBMovieInfo.cs - moving-pictures - Google Code

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    well im not a coding man, i did a bit of vb back in the days, so judging by that, code looks fine i think

i've manually assigned the movies in question

but if anyone has ever come across this let john know so he can take a look, its a strange thing to have happened

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just to let you know, Avast finds nothing wrong with these downloaded files.

Happy are you certain its not the video itself thats tripping your a\v, did you get them from a good source :)

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the only thing I can say about this is I recently encountered this with the backdrop/folder (cant remember) of the movie "snatch" (with Brad Pitt). Although moving pictures didnt crash. Only after a scheduled scan the file came up as containing a virus.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Just to let you know, Avast finds nothing wrong with these downloaded files.

Happy are you certain its not the video itself thats tripping your a\v, did you get them from a good source :)

the movies i've personally ripped ;) so i know there good, and i've checked my whole network there isnt a single infected file anywhere to be seen

Well, the only thing I can say about this is I recently encountered this with the backdrop/folder (cant remember) of the movie "snatch" (with Brad Pitt). Although moving pictures didnt crash. Only after a scheduled scan the file came up as containing a virus.

was it the same one shown in the screenie accross this thread?

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm very sorry but I can't remember :( I just deleted the file and downloaded another 1 that didn't give me a virus warning. Although I do remember that I downloaded from either themovie.db or IMP.awards. I also remember (and I guess thats why moving pictures didnt crash) I downloaded the file myself and NOT through mediaportal-moving pictures. Perhaps that somehow "proves" it is possible for folders/backdrops from those sources to contain virusses????

P.S. after the virus alert I also scanned my entire network --> no virusses.......(except for the delted one of course)

Users who are viewing this thread