Virus Found [UPDATE: Unrelated to Moving Pictures] (1 Viewer)

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem and also with Avira. Not all movies, just some of the files. I just let avira delete them and see what happens. Better to be safe than sorry.
    After numerous warnings, specifically with the backdrop for the movie Bound. I just manually downloaded the same file without any troubles. Seems like false positives to me.

Flintz

August 26, 2009
    I can confirm this error. Got it several times (so with different movies and jpeg files) on my newly built HTPC with Antivir installed.

vanka

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Just to let you know, Avast finds nothing wrong with these downloaded files.

Happy are you certain its not the video itself thats tripping your a\v, did you get them from a good source :)

Wrong. I had this problem yesterday with avast with The Good the Bad & the Ugly backdrop.

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    I'm also getting problems with The Good the Bad & the Ugly backdrop (among a couple of others).
    I'm using Avast + Win7 RC

Diddip

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    My antivirus program, Avast, is giving me a warning on the backdrops for Point Break and Ghost.

I just reinstalled my HTPC with Windows 7 and MP v1.1 Beta 1. It makes me wonder if they are safe or not. I will delete them til I'm sure.

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i just got this with:

D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Batman.Returns} [-272713315].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Batman.Returns} [1255710304].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Danny.the.Dog} [489445881].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Constantine} [-713681773].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Constantine} [1235588318].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Crash} [1271526778].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Constantine} [2138290836].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Crash} [-936891240].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{G.I..Joe_.The.Rise.of.Cobra} [1577816197].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{G.I..Joe_.The.Rise.of.Cobra} [349787726].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Earth} [-756819562].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{G.I..Joe_.The.Rise.of.Cobra} [-765659192].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Doomsday} [2065132538].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Eragon} [699900544].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{I.Am.Legend} [39497180].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Gomorra} [82222798].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Hellboy} [1129612962].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Hitman} [551603628].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{License.to.Wed} [-534145595].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Live.Free.or.Die.Hard} [-390429120].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{El.Laberinto.del.Fauno} [1670650935].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{El.Laberinto.del.Fauno} [-956570261].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{No.Country.for.Old.Men} [1663721568].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{No.Country.for.Old.Men} [-2049843746].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{I.Now.Pronounce.You.Chuck.and.Larry} [-431351259].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{I.Now.Pronounce.You.Chuck.and.Larry} [193756543].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Children.of.Men} [918248423].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Black.Hawk.Down} [-617348422].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{Black.Hawk.Down} [139349477].jpg
    D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{30.Days.of.Night} [1575594724].jpg

and my antivirus is Nod32 and Nod32 reports "Win32/Exploit.MS04-028 trojan" on all of them.

i have now confirmed it with virus total.....

IT IS IN FACT A VIRUS....

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can you provide any more information TheWho? Your post is very alarmist with very little helpful info. Where are you pulling your covers from? What scraper scripts do you have active? What version of Moving Pictures are you running? And if you still have any of the files can you post them somewhere for me to check them out?

As for past reports, this was an issue with virus scanners giving a false positive on a malformed image file. An image file is not code and is not executed though. Calling a JPEG a virus is like calling a truck a terrorist, it just does not make sense.

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    sure absolutly =)

Media Portal 1.1 Beta 1
    Moving Pictures 1.0.0
    scraper for Movie Details: "filmtipset.se" (Swedish) others are disabled.
    scraper for Covers: "Local Data", "impawards.com", "XBMC", "themoviedb.org", "MyVideos (Local)"
    scraper for backdrops: "Local Data", "XBMC", "themoviedb.org"

this might be a "false positive" but there have been images that have become infected... not for me but for others...

here is the virustotal report: View attachment VirusTotal - Free Online Vi...pdf

Users who are viewing this thread