Vista MCE | Page 7

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Skins' started by wertzui, February 2, 2006.

1. wertzui
    • Team MediaPortal

wertzui Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    no, please do not upload it anywhere.

if you want the skin, just send me a pm and it will be no problem, but it must not be shared public.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ritendra_5mar

ritendra_5mar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    vista mce hover png

well, awesome skin. but i have a question & 1 suggession.
    1. firstly, the hover png images for my music, my video, settings, etc on the start page r too small 4 my liking. if u notice vista mce of build 5472, u ll see reasonably big hover pngs. can that b changed by modifying some parameters in the scripts provided? if this is possible, please provide the necessary parameters here.

2. as u rightly said, don't let nydody 2 upload the skin in public. otherwise this fine skin ll receive some stupid ban as kol's vista wb once received by ms.

4. wertzui
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    could you give me a screenshot of the viste mce homescreen, so i can see how big they are?
    and you should be able to change it by changing the width and height parameters in home.xml for the hoverimage.

5. ritendra_5mar

ritendra_5mar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    vista mce suggession

well, many thanks for ur advice & i have solved the problem. now hover pngs looking like exactly as vista. but still some improvements can be done to m,ake it exactly like original or even more beautiful.
    1. as u r not publishing it in public u can widely use media center logo to give it more original look.
    2. add back & forward button to every page like the original
    3. currently, the thumbnails of my pictures or my videos etc have no frame. u can add glass frame and glow function to selected thumbnail just like vista. Vanessa has this function in her 3DMP blue b1 skin. have u seen that skin? I'm tempted 2 say that if features of vista mce & 3dmp can b combined, a great skin can b made.
    3. on the home page, the right side of hover pngs look vacant. u can add some mare cool pngs there.
    waitng for a more accurate skin.

6. wertzui
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    1. ill have a look where the logo is originally
    2. they are only visiblle when u move the mouse in the original one. i didnt include them, cause i was too lazy and normally u navigate with your remote ;)
    3. i had to do it this way to get rid of the names under the pictures
    4. since i can not scroll vertically and horizontally like in the original there would be no use for more pngs.

7. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    OK.... PM sendt :)

8. ianmccon

ianmccon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't want to be a total killjoy but I don't see why mediaportal needs a Vista skin. One of the appealing things to me is that MP is not Vista MCE. With the number of skins being developed MP has the capability of looking every bit as slick and professional as MCE.

If I wanted MP to look like Vista I would be just as well using Vista MCE.

That aside I don't want to take away from the work done by wertzui

Well Done

9. mzemina
    • Team MediaPortal

mzemina Retired Team Member

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    From my stand point MP didn't have a look that was comparable to Vista when wertzui made this skin, but that was before Vanessa started her development. Not to take away from wertzui's work - it is fine. But Vanessa has created original work that is as good or better than Vista's own look. I hope that MP will draw other new artists into the fold as to produce a collection of skins. We have some already and I think we will see others be drawn in as MP provides even more features to allow the artists to use their talent and creative minds.

Just my two cents. I know, not much. But that is all I have to offer!

Mike

10. wertzui
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    im still geting a lot of pms with requests for the skin, so i think, there are people out who want this skin.

nobody has to use it,but if anyone wants to has his mp look like vista, he should be able to do so.

11. mzemina
    • Team MediaPortal

mzemina Retired Team Member

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    What can I say - You did a great job! I sincerely mean it!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!